Looking for ideas/recommendations for cabinet heaters
RE: Golden Rod. It does not get that hot as it provides a low temperature constant heat. You can hold them in your hand without feeling any discomfort.
Search for piano heater.  Goldenrod is a major player in this field, but you can see other choices as well. There are lots of heating pads available. Search for Brew heating pad or Seedling heating mats. I believe they are about the same as the pet bed heating pads. You could put a piece of plexi in the door so you can see the bulb, but this assumes you are in your shop regularly. You could put two bulbs in the cabinet, so when one fails, the second one would provide some heat. Just some thoughts, but personally I think I would go with the goldenrod.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
You could build one out of an old refrigerator, google kiln refrigerator.
Funny thing about old refrigerators, people don't put them on craigslist or whatever when they die, they just throw them out. So I don't want to pay for a working fridge if I don't have to. That said, a fridge would be my first choice.

I also have an old Carhartt sweatshirt that's got glue stains etc that I keep in the shop. If I got a side by side fridge, I could keep that in there like a heated closet and pull a Mr Rogers when I go out to the shop
Smile
Benny

Update: as the first below freezing forecast came up early this week, I jumped on amazon and ordered a goldenrod. I installed it under the drawer of my metal filing cabinet (attached to the wall, not the drawer itself) where I keep glue and finishes. This morning I touched the top of the cabinet. It was cool, but didn't feel cold like steel in 25 deg weather. I'll check a glue bottle later and see how it looks.
Benny