Good brand of jointer knives on Amazon?
Good morning,

Do any of you know of a good brand of jointer knives on Amazon? I tried to support my two local retailers (Rockler and Woodcraft) and both proved to be disappointing (not only in selection, but service).

Thanks,
Bergie
Chosen hobby: woodworking
Forced hobby: Cape Cod repair (follow along at www.oldhomeblog.com)
Forget amazon for them use holbren just Google holbren he posts here on woodnet great quality and the best service
not amazon.

I use Holbren tool for jointer knives I consider these the best not only for life but also the best  bang for the buck 

Additionally you get a 10% discount from Brian as a woodnet member 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thank you, gentlemen. This is exactly what I was hoping to find!

Take care,
Bergie
Joe, if you don't mind me asking, did you go with steel or carbide-tipped?
I've found knives (or about any steel for that matter) made in China is NG.

The sharpening service I use makes their own planer blades.  I splurged for a set for my planer ($125 for 4- 20" knives) and have to say they seem to be lasting A LOT longer than the set I got from Grizzly.  The also give a discount on sharpening if you buy their knives.
I use steel because I don't mind swapping knives and they are easily resharpened 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Holbren tools On Woodnet Brian is "Brian in sunny FL"

Great site, service, and discount for WoodNet members.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
+1 for Brian.  I bought his Titan brand  ( I think it was before the V2 version that he currently sells ) for my Jet combination J P, and I think the Titan's last much longer than the stock Jet blades.
Try Woodworkers Tool Works- http://www.woodworkerstoolworks.com/
and American National Knife- http://www.americannationalknife.com/

Bobby at Woodworkers is the second generation owner and very expert in tooling for all types of woodworking machinery
American National has a large selection of steel for all types of planers and jointers and carries some hard to find items.