dehumidifier with pump?
After seeing a recent post on a good crawl space dehumidifier I got to thinking about one for myself. I have a 6' x 20' room under my porch. my foundation is poured but there's a door to go under my porch with a laid stone foundation and it stays very humid in there. It's not conducive to a vent as the porch has a 2' concrete "edging" around the top to ground level.

so my question, do I go with a crawlspace dehumidifier ceiling mounted with a hole popped through the concrete for draining? or does anyone have any experience with any dehumidifiers with a built in pump? many reviews say the pumps are prone to fail. My space isn't finished at all so if it ever did fail and overflow that's not a huge issue. but I also don't want to spend several hundred $ on a dehumidifier that may Fail in a couple years. Or maybe a dehumidifier isn't my answer? I'd love some experience or thoughts please

thanks
kevin
If you want a pump, you can get models that sell the pump separately (it's mounted on the outside).

I prefer the simplicity of no pump. Of course, you must have a slope to drain it. Humidifiers are often hung from 

the joists to accomplish this, or put on a stand, cinder blocks, etc.
In my old house I had mine drain into the condensate pump for the AC and get pumped out that. No reason why you couldn't just get one of those pumps that's a stand alone. They must be pretty durable as I've never had to replace one in any of my houses.
-Marc

Our school district has about 14 commercial dehumidifiers of various models with built in pumps over 8 years old.  We use these 24/7 over the summer months in buildings to ward off mold when we turn off the buildings' air conditioning.   Without exception we have experienced pump failures within each model.  

We now rely on gravity to a drain or absent a convenient drain- gravity to a separate container with some sort of a stand alone pump.  (edit: in some situations we drain to a 65 or 95 gallon wheeled container and roll it outside to dump on a monthly basis)

We have never had a stand alone pump fail, but we have only been using this method a few years.
well then the consensus seems to be a standalone pump or if I can get the height, gravity. thank you guys very much for your input. I've seen the stand alone pumps used for indoor mini split units for condensation drains. can I use any of those pumps? or do I have to buy some adapter to adapt to what I think is probably 1/4" plastic line so it'll mount to the generic hose connection?