Ask TOH just had the Bosch Reaxx saw on...
Shocked 
Gass wont be happy I am sure. 

Frankly, I was impressed. Double sided cartridge.....doesn't destroy the blade.....seems to me they improved the sawstop drastically. Not to mention the lock out feature....

Ready....GO......
Laugh

Seriously.....it was an impressive segment.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

So I guess it is safe to assume Bosch is appealing the ruling(s) so far.
(11-17-2016, 09:03 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: So I guess it is safe to assume Bosch is appealing the ruling(s) so far.

I have no idea. I stopped following the "lawsuit" when I heard he was a patent attorney. 

Now there might be some technical issue that maybe they copied, but IMHO from an outsider standpoint they made a far superior saw.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

From the Bosch Reaxx website:

"Although Bosch does not normally discuss details of litigation because we feel it is best handled in the context of the legal proceedings, we have seen statements about litigation concerning the Bosch REAXX™ Jobsite Table Saw that give a misleading impression of what has occurred. 

At this time legal proceedings are still under way. The International Trade Commission (ITC) will review the initial determination provided by the Administrative Law Judge on Sept. 9, 2016, as well as additional arguments from the parties, before it makes any decision in the matter. The commission’s decision is not expected until early January 2017. Contrary to any other implication, the patent legal proceedings are ongoing and not final. 

The Bosch REAXX Jobsite Table Saw is based on patented technology developed by the Power Tool Institute and the engineering team at Robert Bosch Tool Corp. in Mount Prospect, Ill. We believe that advanced REAXX safety technology does not violate any competitor’s intellectual property rights. 

It is disappointing that a competitor is continuing its campaign to stop the sale of patented REAXX technology to consumers. The patents asserted against REAXX are based on applications filed more than 15 years ago; Bosch does not believe they apply to REAXX technology. In addition, Bosch believes that if the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office had complete information it would not have issued certain patents in the first place.

Bosch has vigorously defended, and will continue to defend, its ability to make REAXX table saws available in the United States. In addition, Bosch will continue to pursue its own claim of patent infringement against the competitor filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

The ongoing litigation has no effect on distributors’ ability to buy or sell Bosch REAXX table saws. REAXX cartridges, accessories and service parts are available. The Bosch commitment to provide safe products to users is critical today and in the future. # # #"

Linky:  https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/more/ne...x-2-final/
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It seems TOH is becoming a bunch of hoes, like the days of Bob Vila.

They had a sawstop on a couple of seasons ago , too.
Not exactly how I'd put it Cabinet Monkey.

What's wrong with showing new products?
They still have the Sawstop, often during the show you can see it off in the corner. While discussing the Bosch they pointed out the differences in the two technologies without mentioning the Sawstop name. Specifically, they pointed out that the Bosch does not bury the blade into a block of aluminum and that the Bosch cartridge is a dual setup. Something else they talked about but did not demonstrate is that it looks like there is an app you can put on your smartphone which then communicates with the saw when you're in range and the intent is to prevent unauthorized users from using the saw.
(11-18-2016, 12:53 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: It seems TOH is becoming a bunch of hoes, like the days of Bob Vila.

They had a sawstop on a couple of seasons ago , too.

It's never stopped showing new products.  You'll also notice a lot of Festool products.  That's one way they subsidize the cost of their renovations.  I'm certain a lot of the products used on TOH are donated by companies in exchange for the exposure it gets them.  Not too dissimilar to Tommy Mac's power tools on Rough Cut, Kreg products on American Woodworker, cars used on various TV shows, etc.  They don't sell advertising on PBS, so you gotta get the shows underwritten somehow.  I don't mind it.

EDITED TO ADD:
I saw the show over the weekend. Not once did they mention Bosch. They simply showed the saw and how it operates. They did show the control panel where you could read the Reaxx logo and Bosch, but only briefly. This is typical of most of the new products they introduce on the show. They show the product, but it's often next to impossible to figure out who makes it or where to buy it.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Allan, thanks for posting that. I had heard this, but after seeing others saying Bosch lost, I didn't pursue looking for it.

I agree with PG. "but IMHO from an outsider standpoint they made a far superior saw." Plus like many here have never liked the way Gass has postured his invention, nor tried to protect it, or force it's use down our throats. I wish Bosch well in winning their case. Competition makes any marketplace stronger, and that is good news for us, the consumer.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I saw the show last night. I agree it does look like a much cleaner system being able to get two uses out of the cartridge seems like a good feature too...not from a being able to run your hand into the blade twice but simply being able to get back up and running again by the time you change your shorts.

I don't have a dog in the hunt (my grizzly will choke me to death with dust before anything else) but it is a slick system.
-Marc