Guy sure works fast. Mildly entertaining. ;>)

That tote looks painful-ergonomically and aesthetically, but to each his own, I reckon.
Tony
That was fun, but he should take a class from Ron Brese on how to make a tote.
I am pretty embarrassed,  he got his done in under 20 minutes, I have been working a few months on mine so far, and still not done.
This is both a tool building exercise and an exercise video.
All that work and in the end, he's taking mega-thick shavings.  Hmm.  I was pretty impressed that the dovetails for the sides and bottom were all hand cut.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It looked like he chiseled out some of the dovetail waste. What kind of chisel would do that?
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
I saw him chisel out the waste on the brass.  Didn't seem to be a cold chisel.  Brass might give way to a wood chisel, not sure. Brass tends to crack when deformed.
Don't feel bad, Barry. I got my smoother kit about 20 years ago and just finished it last month. It took a big shot of encouragement from Bob at St James Bay to get me to finish it.
(11-19-2016, 01:44 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: It looked like he chiseled out some of the dovetail waste. What kind of chisel would do that?

Most steel wood chisels can work on brass.  You can turn brass on a lathe using HSS turning tools.  I thought I also saw him chiseling out the steel sole as well.  Perhaps the sole was not yet quenched and hardened.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I don't think most people harden the steel for plane soles.  But it wouldn't work for something that is going to have peened dovetails.  I was curious what Kingshott had to say about chisels.  He only shows a cold chisel.  I think I bandsawed kerfs into my dovetails to remove most of the waste and took the rest out with files and hacksaw.