Dewalt 735 planer lines
Have a DW735, new blades. When i run a board through it, paralell lines ( 1 1/4" apart) run the full length of board. I have had this planer for years. Rollers cleaners, blades clean no nicks, all screws tight. it has to be a roller or blade. 
I was told the blade for the 734, which is 1/2" shorter is no the replacment blade. I think that to be rubbish. 
Anyone experiene this?
I've experienced the lines, which has always been from a nick in the blades, sometimes the nick is so small that its hard to see.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Are the lines indented or raised?

Are they consistent for the full length of the planing and fixed width?
Anytime I have seen a raised line it has been from nicked blades. In order to occur, the nick has to be in the same place on each of the blades. This occurs from hitting "something" while the machine is running. If you shift one of the blades an 1/8" to the left or right and the raised line goes away, it was a nick.

As Brian is getting to, an indented line ( a scratch or scrape ) only requires that one of the blades has a raised "burr" that is cutting a little grove in the wood. That will require you to examine all the blades until you find the burr.

Little flaws in cutters can be hard to see unless you are really looking closely for them. We often just assume new blades are flawless out of the box but that is not always the case.
(11-18-2016, 01:57 PM)nvrkjoyce Wrote: I was told the blade for the 734, which is 1/2" shorter is no the replacment blade. I think that to be rubbish. 

Are you saying then that you have blades for a 734 on a 735?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Swap one of the blades and it should go away. On traditional planers, you would shift one a bit to one side and that would correct it too. Or you can replace all of them, that would always be the best but not cheapest route to take.
I had the same problem and changed out the holding bolts to the new style hex head.  Seemed to help.  Almost like the bolt heads were just skimming the wood.  But I could not see any evidence of that on the bolts.
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.
I have to stand corrected on this... while I put new 735 blades in, right after using, there were no "streaks" running the entire length of the wood. The wood in this case is knotty alder.  Sure enough, the streaks came back. They appear to be coming from the hex bolts holding the knives. I have had this planer for years. 

Checking, nothing is hitting the wood. All tight, no nicks.  I ran red oak through it. No problem. Next a piece of walnut. No problem. Then alder again - the streaks returned. 

This is quite odd.
Alder is soft.  Something scratching it?
It is the nature of the wood species 

I have experienced the same issue with knotty alder and even clear graded alder 

It is one of the downsides to using Alder  Your streaking may go away if you feed from the other end first 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy