Shop organization in the new shop
First day I have had off where we haven't had smoke from the wildfires blowing in.  Got to play a bit with layout.

Before I get any electrical in(or decide if the back dividing wall is coming out  I ran through some options for organization.   I would like to open it up to suggestions from the forum.  The thought in this one is the cyclone and the compressor would go behind the center of the closet next to the tablesaw.  A miter saw and station would go along the wall under the cabinets.  All the little stuff floating around will have to find homes.   The plywood on the saw horses is to help visualize some sort of outfeed.  Below are the pics-

[Image: 20161118_160104_zpsj4i2k9kn.jpg]

[Image: 20161118_160127_zpslfubxkim.jpg]

[Image: 20161118_160236_zpswnckgrks.jpg]

[Image: 20161118_160311_zpshrbr3gz7.jpg]

[Image: 20161118_160321_zpslvduwtjh.jpg]
In the time we have lived here, my shop has changed about 12 times if not more. I finally have it the way I like it.... For now.
Smirk
 Strange that one new tool can change the way the whole shop conforms.

We passed through Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia a week or so ago and met with a lot of smoke on the road- I guess that was the fire you're talking about?   It spooked the animals- that night around midnight the car right in front of us hit a deer at 76 mph- the front of her car exploded into nothing. I stayed with her until first response arrived-  A miracle she turned out with minors- she mumbled to me she wanted to keep the deer- one tough lady!

The wife and I quickly got off the road and into a hotel to await sunrise.
Laugh
Fires are burning all over N Georgia right now. Also the Carolinas and Tennessee from what I understand. I am North east of Atlanta. Finally had a wind from the south today. Tomorrow the winds come back the other way.  

Yeah i have am affraid some of thesmall stuff. Grinder etc. May bite me later after i get the big stuff in.  Trying to think about workflow  right now.
I am using ideas from the Woodsmith slatwall plans and also like the rolling bin racks sold at Sams club.

Be safe with all the fires and smoke bro.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Having set up a shop for wheelchair use, or trying to set one up, starting thinking more about what I term "the tool interface area ". In other words, where all do I move when using the tool?

After determining that physically, tool by tool, my next step is to draw the shop and tool locations to scale and visualize what that "tool interface area" looks like....it sounds simple but once drawn out it's an eye opening revelation. At least it was for me.

Would also recommend taking a look at hanging the dust collector from the ceiling, there are several examples on YouTube and it can free up floor space.

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum

-- mos maiorum