Mahogany dining room build
Tapper, thanks.  Yes, I am a big fan of G & G and I love the ebony bling.  John TenEyck and my wife had to physically restrain me from adding a lot more ebony to the table after I kind of got on a roll cutting out recesses for the ebony plugs and splines.  Ken
Wife and I toured the Gamble House for the second time on a trip out to LA in May. It is a marvel and full of mahogany furniture and woodworking trim! Worth the time if you are in the area.

Also don't miss the Peterson Auto Museum downtown - amazing! Again, lovely work on the table. I've "worked" with John via e-mail and telecon on a couple of projects. His value added is easy to understand!

Doug
Man o Man - you guys did good! That is one beautiful table.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks very much for the info, Ken. Again, beautiful table.
That's gorgeous and a fantastic use of some rare material. Where did you get those boards? Honduran in that is rare, but it turned out amazing. Both technically and aesthetically.

bravo!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Thanks, Michael.  I bought it about 10 years ago while still living in Maryland.  I got 500 board feet from a woodnetter in Atlanta.  I think his name was "Splinters" and I haven't seen him around here for a few years.  He said he had bought the wood at a bankruptcy sale of some sort of furniture factory.  He delivered (!) it to my door for something like $6.50 bd. ft.  When I moved to western New York 5 years ago, I moved it with me.  Most was 8/4 or thicker but there were a few boards that were 4/4+ and those were the ones I used for the top.  I have built a couple Hal Taylor chairs out of it as well.  Here are a couple pictures of one of them.  Ken

[Image: DSC02095_zps45feabf5.jpg]

[Image: DSC02099_zpsc57ade8d.jpg]

[Image: DSC02094_zps96c61ff1.jpg]
/drool (need the homer simpson graphic
Smile) gorgeous!!!

Thanks for sharing and, while I am certainly not the first to say this to you re: your wood acquisition, You suck! That was a gloatworthy price!

Grats on the score!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Ken, that is a great looking table.   Thanks for the pics and sketches.
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.