stuck router bit
I have a seized up bit in my PC laminate trimmer.  Any suggestions on how to get it out?  Should have anticipated this when it was difficult to get it  into the collet. Bit is 1/4" shank 1/8" carbide.
Not familiar with your unit but can you unscrew the collet?  Then tap it out.
I have two of those routers I always have to tap the collet with a wrench to loosen the bits when that don't work taping the bit itself always has worked
But that only worked to release the collet
Is it possible that it is not stuck just jammed in and if so you might have to pull it out with about the same force that was required to install it
You might try clamping the bit between two pieces of wood (to protect it ) in a vice then pull as you tap the collet nut / remove the base first
If you did not bottom out the bit when it was installed, try tapping it in with a block of wood.  That normally releases a stuck bit for some reason.   Roly
(11-21-2016, 08:14 AM)Roly Wrote: If you did not bottom out the bit when it was installed, try tapping it in with a block of wood.  That normally releases a stuck bit for some reason.   Roly

the tapping action just springs the collet which is what is required to remove the bit

those trimmers are notorious for stuck collets they are very small
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Put bit in my vise (wooden jaws) and tapped the collet.  Came loose immediately.  Thanks to all.
I don't know why they just don't make the upper shaft a little bigger so the nut will push the bit out when turning it.?
(11-22-2016, 12:24 AM)daddo Wrote: I don't know why they just don't make the upper shaft a little bigger so the nut will push the bit out when turning it.?

well considering they no longer make the trimmer there is little point in doing so now
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(11-22-2016, 10:28 AM)JGrout Wrote: well considering they no longer make the trimmer there is little point in doing so now

Laminate trimmers are sold everywhere I look.  Not sure what your meaning by they aren't made anymore.
 I'm sure PC isn't the only one giving this trouble.  ?
(11-22-2016, 12:24 AM)daddo Wrote: I don't know why they just don't make the upper shaft a little bigger so the nut will push the bit out when turning it.?

Or make the 1/4" collet like the 1/2" ones where unscrewing the nut pulls the collet out.    Roly