After Market Riving Knife
Any feedback on a riving knife/splitter would be appreciated. I have a Delta Cabinet Saw.
I've never heard of an aftermarket riving knife.  It has to be designed into the saw / trunnion.  When I had a Delta contractor's saw, I used a Micro-Jig splitter.  Easy to install.  You can swap splitters easily for thin and thick kerf blades.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
a riving knife really requires a different kind of lift instead of the rotating trunnions that are on most saws that don't come with a riving knife.  Shark guard makes a splitter for some saws
http://www.theborkstore.com/

THis guy marketed something a while ago.

Seems a number of people, both here and on the Creek, used them and had good things to say about them.
(11-23-2016, 10:03 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: Any feedback on a riving knife/splitter would be appreciated. I have a Delta Cabinet Saw.

I may be wrong, but I think you are asking about Lee's new Shark Guard RK for the Delta cab saws There was a recent thread here about them, which I can't find right this minute.

He had Earl, "Lumber Yard" here at WoodNet look at one, and he gave a favorable opinion. On the Shark Guard link is Lee's contact info, he's a great guy, and if he has other testers. I'm pretty sure he might share their thoughts. As owner of 2 Shark Guards I think his products are the best quality replacement guards made. I have no reason to believe this Delta RK isn't just the same quality as his other products. Couldn't find a nicer guy to do business with either.

Looks like 90 bux for the RK, more if you want a Shark Guard with it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Pretty slick set-up Shark Guard ARK (Adjustable Riving Knife)
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
It's pretty easy to make a couple of different size splitters that will cover most needs. Cost is almost zero.

John
I had a Biesemeyer snap in splitter on my Uni and liked it.  Sharkguard is good stuff also and he is good people.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Thanks a bunch, Guys. I just try to do what I think a business should as well as I can.
Smile
If you are interested in making your own splitters, they are relatively easy and low cost. Some metal working tools and experience is helpful.
We have patterns of each of our splitter models under that models info page. For the Delta, that would be here.
http://thesharkguard.com/infodeltauni.html
Feel free to make as many as you want.
Remember to use safety gear. Good luck with it. Happy to help if you have any questions.

I will also mention that if you are interested in raw cold rolled steel splitters as they come off the plasma cutter rather than finished out stainless steel ones like I offer on my site, I could make and ship those at half the site price.
If you aren't using anti-kickback pawls too, then a single splitter would be all you need. You would need to bevel the front edge with a file and finish in your favorite teams colors.
Smile
Lee
That right there is evidence of what to expect from Lee. Of course he makes stuff to sell, but will offer free for the taking a pattern to roll your own. As opposed to just winging it, you can rest assured Lee's patterns are for your saw model. That isn't something you'll see with most business models, and that is too bad. Also why Lee will always get my safety device dollar.

Just so everyone is clear, I will frequently jump into these threads. I don't get anything from Lee, his biz model is so refreshing, and he is a great guy, and I have been totally satisfied with his products. Add to that I am a safety guy, and I believe his are the safest products. Just in case anyone thinks I'm acting as a shill
No
No
No
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW