Clearcoat over tile (exterior, UV)
Final clear-coat over (brand new) exterior tile. (UV)

My client wants me to make 200 sq' of off-white tile..."look...old / aged / distressed", for a  veranda deck (north-facing, mostly in shade).

I've already figured-out (and tested) how to "age" the off-white tile, using one thin (tinted) coat of West System epoxy, using their #207 clear hardener (for less yellowing).
This stuff sticks really really well to the already matte finish of the new untouched tile (in other words, the tile is matte out-of-the-box, not glossy)

My reason for posting, and question is.......

I know I'll need to top-coat the epoxy that I apply to the tile, otherwise it will eventually break down, and amber slightly.....so I need a clear-coat that has good UV inhibitors.
I also want it to have a matte finish.

What top-coat would be recommended ?

My considered choices so far are:

1) Marine-grade clear urethane (with UV protection) with a flattener additive (one-part, single-stage)
2) Marine-grade clear urethane (with UV protection) with a flattener additive (two-part, w/hardener)
3) Automotive clear urethane (UV) two-part, with flattener added.
4) Exterior tile sealer (matte) like found HERE.

Notes:

-- Thankfully, most clear-coats stick well to a scuffed epoxy surface.

-- I am applying this treatment to the tiles "before" they are installed....all 465 tiles !! (because it's a checker board pattern with black tiles, and the black tiles need no treatment)
-- I've been a painter for 30 years.
"By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day."
-- Robert Frost
id suggest contacting west system and find out what they suggest.
Ahhhh, problem solved.

I noticed these are "cement tiles", not "ceramic tiles"....so epoxy is not necessary !! (yay)

I got smart, and spoke to the tile installer. He will be sealing all the tiles with a penetrating sealer after laying the tile, but before grouting (to prevent the grout from staining the cement tile) .
So I'll do a test on the tiles using the same sealer he will be using. (Glaze-n-Seal , natural look)

I was making things too complicated, but I learned a lot from doing research.

(Tomsteve...thanks......the ideas I had about topcoating epoxy came from the West System epoxy website.)

If these were ceramic fired tiles, the epoxy is a viable way to go, but this is not the case here.
I hope this post may help someone in the future.
It pays to do the research first.
"By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day."
-- Robert Frost