Has anyone ever been to the Powermatic
Web site or called them to get something they so not show on the site?

Well I really, really like keeping all of my tools looking and working the best they can be; so I had to call them to see if they have any touch up paint for the PM3520b I have.

Quite the sticker shock.  One rattle can of the Yellow costs $29.95 another $9 for shipping.
Big eek
Big eek
Mad

I am going to Menards to pick up something like it or even paint it all for less than one of their cans.

It really makes me feel I will not do anymore business with them.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Most cities have an auto paint place that can color match and stick it in a rattle can.

Though it has been a while since I've done it, so I don't know how much they charge.
It's pretty much typical for most businesses They have a custom paint made in a spray can (it's not what they use to paint their product). Then they have to stock it, handle it, take order, pack and ship it etc etc. it's the cost of doing business. Would it be nice if they just gave it away to loyal customers? Sure. But that isn't how companies stay profitable. Your choice if you don't want to support them. I do see some resellers when I google selling for a little cheaper

A google shows a Krylon "Farm & Implement" paint that is a close match
Well, Powermatic is the "Gold Standard".  Maybe there's gold in the paint!

A couple of years ago, Jet (owned by the same group as PM), upgraded their dust collectors with a vortex generator.  You couldn't buy the part for several years.  On a whim, I went to the PM parts site.  Their dust collector is identical to the Jet, aside from the color.  I ordered a PM vortex generator.  Then someone noted that Jet also was selling them.  The Jet part was substantially less in cost than the PM part.  Only difference was the color. I'll bet silver metallic touch-up paint from Cadillac is more expensive than the same color from your Chevy dealer.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I would think that any car dealer is going to clean you out for paint because they know if you didn't care you could go to Pep Boys and get touch up paint for a few bucks. Color code was on a label on the car for the longest time, maybe still is. I have to admit I hadn't thought about the fact that the powermatic folks scratched the heck out of my PM 66 paint when they put it in the box.  But I think that's on the black part, so if I ever decide to care about it, I would go with rustoleum.
One thing I never expect from any business is something Free.  I do know Menards sells rattle cans from $5.95 to $10.95 for the odd cool stuff but at $40 I do not thing that is good if they want to sell it.  I don't know tho what they expect.

I will try an auto paint store and have not been to one for over 25 years ever since I stopped painting vehicles on the side.

One thing I did learn quickly on painting other peoples vehicles is that everyone wants a Million Dollar job for Ten bucks.
Yes
Laugh
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I haven't tried it myself but Rust-Oleum Farm Implement paint (rattle can) in Catepillar Yellow is supposed to be a very close match. I believe that you are in a good area to find a store that might have the paint in stock.
Joe
I wore out the headstock bearings on my old 3520A, and needed to get them replaced. I ordered them locally through a bearing shop, a new belt, and had it fixed for less than I could buy the parts for from PM.... When I sold it, the ways were a nice black patina, and the lathe showed that it had been ridden hard and put away wet. Nothing stays pristine in my shop....

robo hippy

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

I could never do or be like that even when I was a kid I liked everything orderly and the military loved me.
Winkgrin
Laugh
Laugh