SOLD - Delta 46-460 Variable Speed Lathe w/stand, chuck, etc. - Atlanta area P/U
SOLD -Delta 46-460 Variable Speed Midi-Lathe w/stand, locking casters, built in storage/shelves, & SuperNova 2 chuck - $600 = SOLD
(If you don’t want/need the chuck - $500)

2012 Fine Woodworking’s “Editor’s Choice” for best mid-size lathe.

• Powerful 1 HP max, 1,725 RPM Motor
  • Large 12-1/2" swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class
  • Electronic Variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
  • Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish.
  • Patented belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
  • Indexing pin to lock the head stock spindle in 24 different locations for fluting and other decorative applications
  • All cast-iron construction provides stability and is extremely durable
  • Ball-bearing live center
  • 3" face plate, 6" tool rest and 10" tool rest.
  • On board storage for easy access to adjustment tools
  • 6" and 10" tool rests provides tool support in a variety of turning applications
  • Heavy-duty, steel knockout bar

Like new condition, still has a year left on the warranty.

I bought this new at Highland Woodworking 4 years ago and have turned pens and bowls on it and it has performed flawlessly.  The only reason I’m selling it is because I’ve bought an even bigger lathe to turn very large bowls and vessels.

Delta web page with info:  http://www.deltamachinery.com/products/lathes/item/46-460
Spec Sheet:  http://www.deltamachinery.com/downloads/manuals/lathes/46-460/Spec_Sheet_46-460.pdf

Cost to buy new:
Delta 46-460 Variable Speed Midi-Lathe                                                           $619.00
Delta Industrial 46-462 Midi-Lathe Stand                                                           $159.00
Locking casters                                                                                                  $  44.99
SuperNova 2 Chuck w/ jaws and woodworm screw                                          $149.99
Nova Chuck Adapter  1 in. x 8 TPI                                                                     $  19.99
Storage Box                                                                                                        $  25.00
                                                                                                                             $1017.97

Link to local Craigslist ad with photos:  http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/5891408590.html
All I can say is I loved this lathe and would still have it if I did not give it to one of the vets.  If someone gets it that will like how it works.

Also when I called Delta they told me how to take the power off of the top of the headstock and make it so I could cut the wires and make it by my right hand for better control.  Just 6 screws and it comes off.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks for the positive plug Arlin.

It's a great mid-sized lathe, now that I'm fully retired I have more free time so I got a bigger lathe - Nova DVR XP.

Have happy holidays and thanks for your service and your work with our vets. 

Billbor
SSgt, USAF (Hon. Discharge)
Col. USAF (Retired)
Citizen, USA (Active Duty)