Looking for a Fl nonprofit that will use woodturners shop
I have a family member who has a full high end turning workshop in Jupiter Fl who is looking for an established 501©(3) that can come and pick up his shop and provide the necessary itemized reciepts.

The shop is in a garage and is easily accessed.

Equipment includes a oneway lathe, lots of chucks, bandsaw, various blanks and roughed bowls, edge tools, sharpening equipment etc. this is a shop of a long time turner and collector of higher end wood turnings. I dont know all of the contents but am very confident that the shop is filled with quality tools and equipment.

Family member would like a very simple pickup - i.e. Charilty arrives with a large truck, the means and people to load it, and take everything as directed. He will need advance confirmation that this is an established non-profit and would preferably loke to have te equipment used for a good cause rather than being sold (i.e.veteran's programetc)

If you know of a non profit that fits the bill, pm me with info on how to contact them.

I have not been on WN much lately (and I'm a flat work guy anyway) but will be checking my pm's periodically over then next few weeks.
Tools that are no good require greater skill.
I do not know of one and that is why I am trying to get my Non Profit started but it seems the Lawyer is dragging his feet or I should have had it by now.

All I know is one day I hope to have a shop with a snack bar in every State and a city that has a lot of Active and retired military.  I also know that the Air Force has or almost cut all the Wood hobby shops down and the same with some of the other branches to.

All I know is a lot of the vets need something to go to and not only to do but a place where we can have a cup of coffee, play some card games and talk shop.

For me that is the biggest thing ever.  I REALLY miss just being with the guys and talking and playing cards and talk about anything.

If you Dad would like to donate his wood to me and the vets I teach we sure would love to get it or pen kits too.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I wish it was my call Arlin, but this is an Uncle in Florida and he wants a tax credit for the donation, which is also understandable.

I was really hoping to find a group like you described somewhere in FL that could arrange to pick up the shop and provide a receipt for tax purposes.

Anyone other suggestions?

I had one PM suggesting the local turning organizations, which I have passed on to my uncle.
One of the community colleges here has a woodshop and turning classes. Most of what they have was donated over the years. Perhaps there's something similar there and he could get a tax receipt for the donation.
Many local AAW chapters have acquired 501.3.C status which provides tax exempt donation credit, my last one in Sacramento had achieved that. Should be an easy query via the AAW site (find local chapter) and ping a couple of the presidents locally. I am certain you'd find a chapter willing to drive 150-200 miles to get a free shop as they are generally running by bootstrap
Smile

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Thanks all. My uncle is in discussions with the local AAW group to see if they can provide the tax documents and make an entire pick up of equipment.

I have provided the PMs that everyone has sent me to date. If the local chapter cannot get this done, he has the contact info and will reach out to you.
I can bring up more AAW locations if you need them and give you the info.  Please tell your Uncle thank you for us.
If he has any turning wood that he would like to mail let me know and I think I can find some funds for mailing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.