2 granite machinist blocks 5,000 lbs each (san jose north)
I saw this and thought hell maybe someone here could use them.  

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/zip/5895386586.html

My company is giving away 2 large granite blocks (FREE).
The manufacturer plate says Starrett Surface Plate.
2 Granite slabs
They are approximately 30" x 62" and 20" deep.
They weigh approx. 5,000 pounds and will require a forklift to move.

[Image: 00w0w_hOhTN2icj4f_600x450.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

just totally impractical, but I work using big granite plates and they are awesome.  I have one that's a couple feet by 3' and it's not big enough for what I do with it, but it's the biggest I could move into my garage.  At work, we have a couple of them that are 8' long, 4' wide and 20" deep.  That's solid
the FEL on my tractor only does about 800 pounds.

and the bigger tractor is out of commission at the moment, but I doubt it could lift it either.

wouldn't want to drop that on my toe.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I wouldn't want to drop that on my garage floor, Mark!
Smile

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I would use one in the yard and if I had both would probably cut one up for steps

[Image: 42d321af87715a1afe08a9498755834b.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Hah, "yeah, I have the only sidewalk that is guaranteed to within .0001" / foot runout"
Smile

Best,
michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
the university has some buildings where the building name is on giant granite slabs, 15'x4'x8".  They took one down for a renovation, and they sold it to someone. That would make a nice sidewalk, except maybe in the rain.