Harbor Frieght gem
I'm gonna call the 12" adhesive backed sanding discs at Harbor Freight a 'gem'.  2 for less than $6, which is considerably less than Woodcraft or Klingspor.  My only nit might be that the adhesive doesn't stick as well it probably should, but I can't remember ever having anything stick as well as I thought it should (Delta benchtop).
If they sold one of their warranties on those discs, you'd never have to buy another set.  
Laugh

The box store sold those blue discs (Zirconia ?) years ago that would last a very long time- I guess too long, so they quit carrying them.

I like the Zirconia or Ceramic for sanding - they last twice as long, but they do cost and they don't smooth out like Aluminum Oxide does after some use for smoother finishes.
(11-28-2016, 09:36 PM)KC Wrote: I'm gonna call the 12" adhesive backed sanding discs at Harbor Freight a 'gem'.  2 for less than $6, which is considerably less than Woodcraft or Klingspor.  My only nit might be that the adhesive doesn't stick as well it probably should, but I can't remember ever having anything stick as well as I thought it should (Delta benchtop).

Have had the same experience with their discs and their 4x36 belts hold up better than the king ones as well as they don't fly apart at the joint after 45 seconds.
My experience is if they were made one week, they were fine, the next week, total trash. I'm not sure if they were switching suppliers, or if it was just ate up with ChiTaiwanese mojo
Big Grin If you go with Horrible Fright, make sure to bring them home, and try them within that 30 day period, ALWAYS keep yer receipt.

3M spray adhesive can go a long way to helping out with unsticky glue on a PSA disk. I forget the ID # but they have one that is sticky, but later you can pretty easily pull it off. Lowes/HD/Menards
Yes
Yes
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
What he said. Good advice, especially the spray,
I always have some 3M Super77 spray around, and was thinking of trying that.  
Yes
A heat gun works wonders for getting a disk to stick. Just take your time. A heat gun also helps a disc to come off and not leave part of the paper on the disc. Again take your time when removing the disc. As far as knowing if they are any good I don't have a clue. A Harbor Freight just opened up about an hours drive so sooner or later I will get there.

Tom
(11-30-2016, 06:07 PM)Steve N Wrote: My experience is if they were made one week, they were fine, the next week, total trash. I'm not sure if they were switching suppliers,

I found that some items will have 2 or more different item #'s. which means 2 or more different suppliers. idk why but one item # can be pretty bad quality and the other much better.

ive been using their sanding belts for years and discs for a little while and have been quite happy with both.