Longish-term storage of Hardie siding?
I need to buy some siding to replace the bottom 6' or so of siding on 2 faces of my house.  The "real" suppliers in my area only stock 8" wide (or wider) Hardie siding and say it's driven by local style so they won't or can't get the smaller width that I need (and it's a relatively small job).

Couple years ago I replaced the bottom 3-4 courses of Masonite siding on my garage with Hardie I bought at Lowe's.  It was a good match and Lowe's had it (and still does) in the 6" width.  It had to be special ordered, though.

So I know I can still buy this size and style at Lowe's, but I'm paranoid they won't stock it come spring.  It's getting too cold and dark for me to attempt this now and I'll be doing this myself and maybe with my Dad.  Anyway, I'm thinking about buying what I need now and storing it outside until spring.  I could store it in the garage but since that's my shop, I don't want to move stuff all around to stack it against the wall.  I have a covered porch and could store it there (but don't know how much weight it will support).  Is it OK to leave it outdoors in a stack if it's covered?  Hardie is stored outside at the supplier in their plastic wrap, but out in the open.
Yes, you can leave it outside in a stack if it's covered. I put it on the gable ends of my shop when I built it, and I left it uncovered outside for about 2 months and it was fine. Just keep it up off the ground.