Wednesday Blue Light Special...Rosewood morticing guage
I bought this old guy years ago knowing it needed medical attention and a little TLC...It is an ancient English {I am assuming} morticing guage made of Brazillian Rosewood and brass..The  brass beam locking scew escutcheon is what Roy calls an “Egyptian Eye”..A screwdriver locks the heaf to the beam....The steel “fine adjustment” nut which goes through the beam, is stripped but could be replaced is desired, but a competent neanderthal..However, it can be used by adjusting the beam by hand, then tightening the locking screw.
    The mortice head itself was cracked but repaired years ago  by a previous “caretaker”...
    .If you love really old tools, this might be for you...but I am selling it as is for the first ten bucks plus $6.50 priority shipping to your mailbox. Paypal only..USA sale only  {sorry}..Thanks for looking...
..............Note..still having trouble with posting photos {like so many members}..I will post as soon as I get it figured out..
Upset  
Upset

[Image: P1030095_2.jpg]
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I'll take it

-- mos maiorum
Gauge has been sold to adnick........

Get off my lawn !
Upset

(11-30-2016, 02:37 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ..............Note..still having trouble with posting photos {like so many members}..I will post as soon as I get it figured out..
Upset  
Upset

[Image: P1030095_2.jpg]
funny, when you first posted this, I saw it just fine, now, not so much. I take it you've deleted the pic now?
(12-01-2016, 05:42 PM)EricU Wrote: funny, when you first posted this, I saw it just fine, now, not so much.  I take it you've deleted the pic now?
No...I don't have a clue what happened to it...
Crazy
Big Grin

Get off my lawn !
Upset

Jack

If you deleted it off of Photoshop then it will delete it here as well.  Also I was to late to see it or I would have bought it as well.  I just love the old stuff and would have fixed it and put it out for everyone to see how nice things were made back then.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(12-04-2016, 04:34 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Jack

If you deleted it off of Photoshop then it will delete it here as well.  Also I was to late to see it or I would have bought it as well.  I just love the old stuff and would have fixed it and put it out for everyone to see how nice things were made back then.
Yes

Thanks Arlin...That's what happened to it then.,I didn't realize it worked that way.
Crazy
Big Grin

Get off my lawn !
Upset