Carbide Blades sharpening service?
(12-27-2016, 09:20 AM)jteneyck Wrote: That's disappointing.  If it makes you feel any better, they misspelled my name, too.  Doesn't bother me.  But I am surprised at the long turn around time. 

As for your plastic cases, they are very clear how you should ship blades to them.  From the "Product Shipping Instructions" page on DS's website:

Please put your saw blades between layers of cardboard that are about an inch larger (on all sides) than the blade;  Tape or staple the cardboard together securely so it pinches and locks the saw blades in position. Then take the blades sealed in cardboard and place them in a large enough cardboard box so they all fit when surrounded by crumbled newspaper or other packing material. Place a note in the box with your name, phone #, and complete return shipping address. Close box & seal. Ship tools to the plant address:

John
Yes, they are very clear about how you should ship SAW blades.  

I did not ship saw blades; I shipped planer blades (knives).

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
(12-29-2016, 05:09 PM)MKepke Wrote: Yes, they are very clear about how you should ship SAW blades.  

I did not ship saw blades; I shipped planer blades (knives).

-Mark

I talked with Dan about your unsatisfactory service.  Their turn around time on planer blades is 2 weeks, yet their website says their standard turn around time is one week.  It seems that only applies to saw blades; plenty of room for improvement.  Dan said they are updating their website so hopefully that willl be clear in the future, but that is no excuse.  Poor communication on their part, to be sure.

You can't expect a place that processes hundreds of blades a day to pair up your packaging with your blades for the return, whether it be saw or planer blades or something else.   Just isn't going to happen.  

John