Carbide Blades sharpening service?
Freud has a list of approved sharpening services.  It is on their website:

http://www.freudtools.com/index.php/sharpening
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
none in MN tho and I was hoping for something local or at least in state.

Thanks for all the replies!
Keep your mouth shut and nobody will know how stupid you are........I should have listened!
If you want local, go to yellowpages.com and type in saw shop and you should see some.  I dropped in Minneapolis and a few popped up.

You might want to feel them out though, I hear from a saw blade rep that one of the saw shops on that Freud list that had a reputation for setting his machine to triple chip grind tooth geometry and never changing it regardless of what blade was put in the machine.
Hank, Dynamic Saw can sharpen nearly any blade.  They developed many of the tooth configurations used by some well known blade manufacturers, and they have the configurations for most blades stored in their sharpening machine's database.  For any blade that isn't in the database, the machine measures the profiles off the actual blade.  It's an amazing machine to watch.  And all that for an incredibly competitive price.  

John
Reb,

Take them to a Rockler - they use a service in Apple Valley for sharpening; about $17 last I knew. I believe it's Rosemont Tool they use. Where are you located in MN?
Jason

(12-01-2016, 08:10 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: I have a Freud 10" "Fusion" blade I've been hapoy with, but it needs sharpening. It has some kind of proprietary tooth geometry that, I think, requires a special sharpening technique. Of the two Freud certified sharpening services in my state (SC), one doesn't answer the phone and the other one never heard of a "Fusion" blade. Has anyone had a Frued "Fusion" blade sharoened successfully. It f so who sharpend it?
This question is related to the OP's original post. Hope it isn't a hijack.
TIA.
Hank

Hank,

I believe Freud will sharpen the Fusion blades, but you'd want to contact them to be sure.
Jason

Thanks, John. I'll give Dynamic a try.
Jason, unless I missed something (likely), Freud's web site doesn't have any info that indicates that Freud will sharpen blades. It simply refers you to their "certified" sharpening services. In my case those turned out to be a complete bust.
Reb,
I was going to suggest Rockler.  Also Eide Saw, 950 13th Ave NE , Minneapolis and Acme Tool.  Never used any of them.
If you live south of the Cities, Clelands Clean Cut, 944 SW 6th Ave, Faribault, MN, 507-Three three 4-6 one 94.  If you want try him, call first, he is retired and likes to take river cruises in Europe or go for camel rides in Africa!  He will sharpen almost anything.  For us woodworkers, saw blades, jointer and planer blades and will replace carbide tips.
He told me about 5 years ago that he will not sharpen for businesses any more, "too demanding, want the work done yesterday".  Now is kind of a hobby for him.  He has been sharpening since 1978 and done well with whatever I had him do.
NormT
Not sure where your located, but we send all our stuff to Ophoven Saw Service ( ophovensaw.com ) in Burnsville.
You can buy a carbide blade sharpener from HF for less than $50. It works. I've  sharpened every carbide blade in my shop and several others. I could have easily set up a business doing it. One month the local sawmill paid me $100 for sharpening a few of their blades attached to a gang saw.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.