A burly show
Finishing up several half Backs lately and decided to finally get this one finished. It came from the same maple burl as the little dovetail I posted some months back. ( Spring ) Both resin infused clear., but the dovetail looks lighter. Different part of the burl. I'll be looking for more burls, if anyone has some they would like to get rid of. Maple infuses well. Thanks, Ron
[Image: IMG_3378_zpsd6fu7m4l.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3389_zps0gh5pl29.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3390_zpspnmwjoxa.jpg][Image: IMG_3392_zps6xfxk2py.jpg]
BontzSawWorks.net
Beautiful!
(11-30-2016, 07:43 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Finishing up several half Backs lately and decided to finally get this one finished. It came from the same maple burl as the little dovetail I posted some months back. ( Spring ) Both resin infused clear., but the dovetail looks lighter. Different part of the burl. I'll be looking for more burls, if anyone has some they would like to get rid of. Maple infuses well. Thanks, Ron
[Image: IMG_3378_zpsd6fu7m4l.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3389_zps0gh5pl29.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3390_zpspnmwjoxa.jpg][Image: IMG_3392_zps6xfxk2py.jpg]

They just don't come any better!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Those look cool! Great work as usual, or maybe beyond usual in this case.

Cool
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Beautiful as always, my friend!
Pat
Beautiful wood meets perfect workmanship!
Exquisite!
Big Grin
Those are sure nice saws.  I see a little problem though.  IF I owned it, I'd be afraid to use it.  And I'd have to keep it in a locked cabinet so my wife wouldn't be tempted to do something silly like cut tomato stakes with the the first saw that caught her eye.
Is the grain orientation correct? 

Laugh

I love burl in little, intense doses. That is nice! Thanks for sharing.
(12-01-2016, 11:38 AM)hbmcc Wrote: Is the grain orientation correct? 

Laugh

I love burl in little, intense doses. That is nice! Thanks for sharing.

Crazy
Crazy
Laugh
Laugh   I spent many minutes debating just that question. " Is it or is it not" "That is the question."
BontzSawWorks.net