Walker-turner bandsaw issue
I'm trying to repair the tensioner on a 16" WT bandsaw. It looks to me like the spring has lost its tension. Any ideas on where I might find a replacement? I have asked on OWWM as well.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
No, but if you cant find a good answer McMaster - Carr might be a place to look.
Ag
(11-30-2016, 08:58 PM)AgGEM Wrote: No, but if you cant find a good answer McMaster - Carr might be a place to look.
Ag

This.....McMaster is probably the only place where you can buy a "single" die spring.

Measure id, wire size, free length and start looking. You will have to get a longer spring as yours is toast, then trim to length if needed.

Ed
If you know the Original length and have the spring you can see if a spring fabrication shop can replicate it 

We have two here in town doing coil springs for autos and I used one of them to make a new spring for an American BS several yrs ago
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Here are a couple of specific spring manufacturers that might be worth looking at.

http://www.bettsspring.com/

https://www.centuryspring.com/

I found a replacement spring at Century that was a close approximation to my original on a machine a few years ago.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
There is a guy named Jeff Hoffman in Connecticut (I think) who specializes in reconditioning Walker Turner machinery. His business is Walker Turner Serviced Machinery, LLC. He is very knowledgeable and has lots of parts. He helped me rebuild a WT drill press some years ago. His email address is wtsmllc@juno.net. At least it was back then. If the address is stale, I do not have a current one. You might inquire about him over on OWWM. He is friendly and very helpful.
Good luck.
Hank
Thanks all!! I have sent a note to the guy in CT. Hopefully, he has something I can use.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$