Rf interference
I am wanting to use some LED lights in my garage door opener. Their use changes the range of the remote form about 200-300ft down to 10ft. I have seen videos where people spice on a longer wire to the antenna to improve poor remote reception not due to rf interference. I also saw one were the guy replaced the antenna with coax cable which would give some shielding. If I just attached a longer wire and ran it outside would that also just give the LED light interference more antenna to induce its mayhem? Any idea how far the rf interference from the light might extend? If I did run a shielded antenna to the outside would that be far enough away from the light to not cause interference?
Get a low pass filter instead.
Genie makes a LED bulb for openers that supposedly limits RF interference. No idea if it works or if this is a good price....

Genie LED - Amazon
I wonder if making a screen wire cage/cover for the bulb(s) would reduce the interference?

Or is the interference transferred to the elect line?
I would give these guys a call:  Palomar Engineers

They should at least be able to tell you what you are up against.  Hopefully they will have a simple solution.
So, what would one need to test for this condition at home?
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry