Shipping a Table Saw?
If you are not in a hurry, post on the old woodworking machines boards, people will often transport for you as they travel.
You got some good advice on the LTL shipping. I deal with shipping 3-4 times a year. Rates are based on size and weight. Picking up at the terminal is cheaper and they will load it for you. A saw is rather light for the size but you will be looking at $75 to $150 in shipping, most likely.

Freight Quote is a good pace, that is who I deal with. They will give you quotes from several companies and there is more of a difference in prices from company to company than I would expect. They need size and weight on the package to give you a rate.  You can do it online but you have to figure out what class you package falls in and that is always been the hardest part for me, so I just call when I do something different.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

A true zipcod craftsman is a hybrid with a real bies fence and is easily worth the shipping ltl on a crated pallet. Pallets are free and crate it with scraps you already have or grab a piece of 1/2" osb. Estes is pretty cheap. Almost all direct contacts to a tetminal have been cheaper than freight quote for me. I call them direct. I do pickup and drop offs at their terminal but i have forks on a loader to load and unload at my place.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

check the dimensions as it will be when crated.
both UPS and Fedex will ship up to 150 lbs with some size restrictions. But, I think the saw will fit within those.

Either will be cheaper than LTL shipping, at least that has been my experience.

I've done several odd shipments, stained glass (big one!), small engines etc. typical cost for 110 lbs or so in the middle of the US, is around $100-115. But, I think your saw will be less wieght.

a piece of 3/4" ply for the base is fine. Bolt/clamp the saw top down. Arrange all the other pieces in/around it and pack/strap/whatever so they don't move. 2x2 vertical pieces screwed to the corners and a 1/4" ply or 7/16 OSB for the top and sides is plenty heavy.

Both UPS and Fedex have tools to calculate shipping on their web sites, but you must have weitht and size info to make them work right.
post a (rough) shipping and destination location, and I'd bet if there is no strict time constraint you could get some help from folks here.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
(12-03-2016, 06:41 PM)kencombs Wrote:  typical cost for 110 lbs or so in the middle of the US, is around $100-115.  But, I think your saw will be less wieght.....

If a zip code saw (22124) with fence, shipping wt would be about 450 lbs.
Might be some useful information here.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showt...p?t=338752