When a deal seems to good to be true.
Good Evening

Peachtree offered a set of three Trend 10" saw blades for $39.95 in their Black Friday e-mail.  I figured for the price, and free shipping on orders over $35 they were worth a try.

Yesterday a phone message from peachtree asked me to call them back.  Turns out the blades were sold out and no longer available in the future. In other words, no backorders. 

They wanted to know if I still wanted the hand cream that was ordered with the blades, which I declined.

They said that my credit card would be soon be credited for the full amount that had previously been charged to it.

I was under the impression that N.Y. state law prohibitted a company from charging your credit card untill the day the merchandise is being shipped.

Maybe this is why the information was relayed over the phone, rather than by e-mail ?   

PS had to dust off the keyboard for this post.
My .02
Karl

(12-01-2016, 06:36 PM)measure once cut remeasure Wrote: Good Evening

Peachtree offered a set of three Trend 10" saw blades for $39.95 in their Black Friday e-mail.  I figured for the price, and free shipping on orders over $35 they were worth a try.

Yesterday a phone message from peachtree asked me to call them back.  Turns out the blades were sold out and no longer available in the future. In other words, no backorders. 

They wanted to know if I still wanted the hand cream that was ordered with the blades, which I declined.

They said that my credit card would be soon be credited for the full amount that had previously been charged to it.

I was under the impression that N.Y. state law prohibitted a company from charging your credit card untill the day the merchandise is being shipped.

Maybe this is why the information was relayed over the phone, rather than by e-mail ?   

PS had to dust off the keyboard for this post.

Pretty sure Peachtree is in Georgia. I'm guessing that law is for purchases made within the confines of NY. They are a pretty big outfit, and tour all through the country. I imagine they know where they can do what, as sometimes you see ads that say, "not available in the following states". Now that is just a guess, but with fair certainty you will get a refund. IIRC it takes about 3 work days. I'd check your card Monday, and see if it isn't credited. I always wondered about the 3 days, seeing they can zoom it out in a heartbeat
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I order from them a few times a year and have never been charged before my items ship so that's odd. They'll do right by you though.

Their store "Atlanta" (norcross?) is one of the biggest woodworking stores I've been in. Lacks the character of Highland Hardware but is impressive nonetheless.
-Marc

Peachtree has always done me right. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.
A bit disappointed that the deal fell thru, but not out anything.

Credit card charged on Nov. 26 was credited back to my account on Dec. 2nd.
My .02
Karl

I believe that's a federal law as well that they cannot charge your card until the item ships.
(12-10-2016, 10:13 AM)Robert Adams Wrote: I believe that's a federal law as well that they cannot charge your card until the item ships.

This subject has come up before. There is no law, federal or state, requiring a merchant to not charge a CC prior to shipment.
It is simply customary practice.
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!