Source for Damascus kitchen knife blades
I need the blade already hardened and ground (i.e. just needing a handle).

No specific blade shape in mind..paring knife, chefs knife,etc.  Just something to add under the tree last minute.

I looked at Alabama Damascus (no kitchen knives) and Japan Woodworker (fairly plain patterns).  Others recommended?

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
I am pretty sure Woodcraft had them in their catalog for quite awhile.

http://www.woodcraft.com/search2/search....us%20knive
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Mark, I am putting handles on several of Alabama Damascus' 0079 and one 0071 for kitchen knives to give as gifts this year.  The larger 0079 costs $83 so is kind of pricy but they are beautiful.  The 0071 will make a small paring knife.  I don't see why these 2 knives won't work in a kitchen.  I already have the knives and they are striking.  Ken
knife kits

I've ordered from them a few times in the past, but not recently since I've been getting my blades from either alabama damascus or texas knife. I also ordered a couple stainless damascus blades from a guy on SMC. Don't know if he is still selling them or not.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Thanks everyone and Ken in particular.  I must've missed the kitchen knives on ADK earlier..I ordered a 0079.

The website photos are so pretty it makes me think I should make the scales out of glass.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.