I made a wife getter
It was simple as mud. A little background is needed.
My wife has her craft room upstairs. I am usually on the main floor of the house. We have 3 levels, BTW.
So, when I need her, I bang on the ceiling with my cane.
Smirk
The sound carries thru the ductwork.
Sometimes I leave my cane in the kitchen when I carry a cup of coffee into my computer room.

So, I took a piece of old broom stick & put a rubber tip on it.
I keep it next to my computer desk.
Now I don't even have to stand up to use my cane to get my wife.[Image: rolleyes.gif]

She's a great woman for helping me when I need her.
If I had a cane - and banged it on the floor to call my wife, I would not be able to leave it anywhere.

It would be with me always - although I might be able to easily access it.  
Big Grin
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(12-02-2016, 01:53 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: If I had a cane - and banged it on the floor to call my wife, I would not be able to leave it anywhere.

It would be with me always - although I might be able to easily access it.  
Big Grin

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

For me it's the reverse, my wife tries to find me to help her. But she doesn't have a ceiling that's needs banged on (ranch style house).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Gee thats Funny I have found my wife,s cane it that very place
Confused
south vietnam war collage
If I banged on the ceiling to get my wife, no matter what I asked for I'd get a bucket of ice water dumped over my head.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh  Thanks, I needed that.
My wife would find a use for the chop saw.  
Angry
I had cervical disc surgery several years ago. About 1 in 100 have temporary loss of
ability to speak due to a bruised nerve. I was the 'lucky" one. So. I used a whistle
to call my wife. Worked great. 

For some reason, when my voice came back after 8 weeks, she threw the whistle out!
(12-03-2016, 07:27 AM)frule Wrote: I had cervical disc surgery several years ago. About 1 in 100 have temporary loss of
ability to speak due to a bruised nerve. I was the 'lucky" one. So. I used a whistle
to call my wife. Worked great. 

For some reason, when my voice came back after 8 weeks, she threw the whistle out!

Are you sure she threw it out? I'm sure it's where you can't see it.  
Cool
That was not a wife getter!!! That was a wife notifier!!!!
A wife getter causes pain/discomfort if no response.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk