New iPhone App for Cut List, Cutting Plan
What do you mean by "WW"? One of the other forums?
Thanks
Tom
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!

1) regarding input by typing: I went back and forth on this and settled on using spinners as being faster, but I would like to hear from people what's generally preferred. I might be able to make it work with either a spinner or typed text.

2) about thickness - yes, I'll add something to the FAQ about the thickness needing to match. It would be possible to allow a part to fit into various board thicknesses, but then the question is, how much thicker? That is, if I have a 1" thick part, I can see that using a 5/4 board (1.25" thick) would be fine, but how about a 1.5" thick board? The question is what range of thicknesses to allow and how to let the user know what's going on without getting too complex. Any suggestions would be welcomed as I think about the next release.

Thanks!
Tom
(12-05-2016, 10:35 PM)tdlinton Wrote: What do you mean by "WW"? One of the other forums?
Thanks
Tom

Yes. WW would be the Woodworking forum that is up near the top of the list of forums.

It is an appropriate forum for discussing software related to woodworking.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Gary, I'd be glad to take this discussion to another forum. Please just open a new post on another forum and tell me where it is.

Thanks!
Tom
A couple of notes on KerfMaker compatibility:

1. KerfMaker is an iOS only app for the forseseeable future. It isn't available for Android.
  2. The Apple App store indicates that KerfMaker works for iPad, that's not correct: it does not. It will have iPad compatibility in a month or two. (Sorry if this caused problems for anyone; I am working with Apple to try to straighten out the description in the store.)
Thanks
Tom
Tom-

Why isn't your WoodNet account activated?  Below your username it indicates "Account not Activated".
Good question, Woodworker2000, and I couldn't find anything about it in "Help". I've sent a message to the administrator about it.

Thanks