New iPhone App for Cut List, Cutting Plan
Photo 
As a woodworker for 25 years, I’ve found it’s easy to make a parts list, go to the lumber company to pick lumber, then start on my project and realize I didn’t get enough wood. Or, conversely, I’ll find that I’ve bought too much.

So I developed an iPhone App that will help with this and it only costs $2.99. Please check it out at appstore.com/kerfmaker, or look at the web site http://kerffmaker.com.

KerfMaker has these features:
  • Manages board selection; tells you when you have enough boards for all your parts
  • Tracks your parts list
  • Automatically calculates a board cutting plan
  • Lets you share projects and parts list through textual import/export
  • Has a smart algorithm for part fitting that respects board and part orientation
  • Comprehends both Imperial and metric units
  • Accounts for multiple material types and lumber thicknesses

Please check it out!

Tom

[Image: 31233390952_0a8bd21cf3_o_d.jpg]
[Image: 31377366255_e64cfea126_o_d.jpg]
[Image: 30555866994_3a6262dd62_o_d.jpg]
Your link isnt working.
Googgle or the App Store cannot find you.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

only one "f" so Kerfmaker. I found it here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kerfmake...64371?mt=8
Thanks for pointing out the link problem! Should be https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kerfmake...64371?mt=8

Or maybe the easiest thing is to get onto the App store on your phone and search for "Kerfmaker".

Thanks!
Tom
android version?

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I'm sorry to say there is no Android version at this time.
Tom
Anybody tried it out yet?
It's time for the patriots to stand up!
Can you open a topic in WW on this app? I have some questions and don't want to pollute the Swap/Sell forum
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
I downloaded just now. Only did a test run. No actual project. Works pretty well. Easy to use. 2 things I may suggest in upcoming iterations. 1 - allow for inputting the numbers via keypad instead of having to scroll for it. Might save a little time. 2 - if the board is thicker than the part required it should recognize it as being suitable. For example if the part calls for 1-1/2" thick but the boards are 2" it should recognize that the 2" boards are suitable. I'm not sure how complicated this would add to the programming as if you have multiple part thickness it may be difficult to determine which parts that board will be assigned to. If this is too complicated to do then maybe just add to the description that the board and part thickness have to match exactly for the program to recognize it as a suitable piece. I only mention this as this was the only thing that took a minute for me to figure out.

Otherwise great app. Can't wait to put it to use in an actual project