OE Sander Help
I have a Steel City Model # 55210 16-32.  Long story short, I can't locate the abrasive template. I attempted to make one (95" Long) but not so good results. I don't want to cut again until I know what direction to go in. Any help would be appreciated.
Jim
Wrap a piece of string around the drum and mark the intersection where they meet. 

Take it to the paper or just measure the length of the sting and mark the paper on the opposite side of the corner you want to begin on.. mark it with a straightedge across the paper or just cut using the straightedge for the first cut. 

Wrap the paper on until you get to the other end mark it there and use the string again to layout the final cut 

All you have to remember is the direction for the second cut and cut diagonally as before
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Do I lock one end of the string in the retainer clip?
Jim
Well you should the first time at least so the lead wrap is long enough 

if that proves to be the case add the same amount to the other end 

If it is too long then you only lose a few inches if that when you re cut the end 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy