Portamate router motor
Thinking of building another table.  Just acquired a jessum lift, now need 3 1/4 hp router.  Is portamate ($229 at woodcraft) a good solution?
I did not know port-a-mate made a router motor.  I Googled it, and sure enough, Rockler has one.  I expect it is made in China, so I zoomed in to confirm my suspicions.  I cannot see the country or origin, bit I can see it is Serial #1.  In my opinion, not enough mileage on that animal to know.  However, Pat Warner may have tested it, and perhaps he will chime in.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
At least you will not have a base laying around
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I am also thinking about buying this for a new router table.
Woodcraft also sale this.
Personally the only 3.25 horse router motors I ould buy are the proven PC 7518 and Milwaukee 5625 as both are time tested.  BTW Incra has the 7518 on sale for 269 code HDAY1 

https://www.incrementaltools.com/Product...=PTC-75182