Prototype 'Harlekin'
A sash saw with a new designed handle. It was a test to give it some more TLT touch. More filigrane and offering a way to insert an ovally shaped spine flush to the top of the cheeks. Pedder isn't too fond of it, he called the design 'Harlekin'. I had a good laugh on this name but found it rather good. I like this design a lot. The pic shows a comparison to our usual sash saw handle.

[Image: P1050004.jpg]

The Cocobolo handled saw is my user for many years. Here you can see some more pics of the 'Harlekin'.

https://two-lawyers-toolworks.blogspot.d...&Itemid=58

Klaus
My initial impression is that I agree with Pedder.

However, the more I look at it, the more it is growing on me. Great details. Careful Klaus, your revolutionary tendencies are showing.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Klaus and I allways have this design discussion. Klaus likes it more elegant and I a little more sturdy looking.
We call it Ferrari against Land Rover. 
Winkgrin 

But I like the design and adopted the shape of the chamfers and the shape of the cheeks on the last sash saw I shaped:

[Image: IMG_0154.JPG]
(BTW, the only way to connect the handle to the oval spine.)

What I learned during the years we do this, it is good to let a design grow in you.
And it is good to put a protoyp in the drawer right after making it and don't look at it for a few month.
Nothing is as pretty as your own newborn child (read sawhandle). That distracts me stronly..

Cheers
Pedder
Personally, I like it as well as the other. One just appears more stream line. I also tend to prefer a more robust handle, especially in the lamb's tongue area. I often make a saw, then put it away in a drawer, until another day. Exquisite work, as usual, but where do you find such large pieces of Ebony?
Smile
BontzSawWorks.net
(12-04-2016, 06:12 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Exquisite work, as usual, but where do you find such large pieces of Ebony?
Smile

Thanks Ron! Actually the latest large Ebony boards we found in the US 
Big Grin

Klaus