?? About attaching ship lap boards
good job 
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Most of us can't read raw uuencoded data. Even twice.

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(12-05-2016, 06:38 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Most of us can't read raw uuencoded data. Even twice.

Laugh

Sorry, will try it again.

Attached Files Image(s)

KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

If I have more here.

Attached Files Image(s)

The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

trouble with more then one pic at a time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Smirk

those are captured panels 

What does that have to do with the OP?

Nice crib who built it?
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(12-05-2016, 07:56 PM)JGrout Wrote: those are captured panels 

What does that have to do with the OP?

Nice crib who built it?

They are in grooves on the perimeters, panels are ship lapped to float.
He wanted to know options to attach the end panels on a ship lap.
I built it, Cherry frame, Walnut panels and spokes, for my person I cared for coming grandchild, like all my furniture but my bed and recliner, and that maybe next,  a Morris Chair, bed maybe after that just for grins, but only sleep in it and no SO, so why bother.
Smirk

Okay, let's simplify this.

If you put ONE SCREW into the top and into the bottom of each shiplapped board, then yes, you're right that wood movement is not a problem. However, if you put TWO SCREWS or more into the top and bottom of each board, then yes, wood movement may well be a problem.

My recommendation is to use one screw on each board, top and bottom. It works fine for cabinet backs, etc. If that's not stable enough for the structure, put in a couple screws on each end, oversized holes.

It's not rocket science.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
... And if that one screw is placed near the edge that is holding the next slat down, both edges of each are held down, with an allowance for sideways expansion.  I thought this was the standard way to do shiplap backs.
(12-05-2016, 08:39 AM)JGrout Wrote: good job 
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes

Laugh

(12-06-2016, 04:48 PM)Alan S Wrote: ... And if that one screw is placed near the edge that is holding the next slat down, both edges of each are held down, with an allowance for sideways expansion.  I thought this was the standard way to do shiplap backs.

+1
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020