Door Bell Advice - multiple chimes
I will need to add some door bell chimes, or strobes, at my new house. 

I know how to hook up a door bell, with a chime or two.  The issue I have is powering multiple devices.  I am not sure how large of a transformer I need.

Here is what I am thinking.  If I use a relay, I can have a small power draw on standby.  I can then use off the shelf doorbell transformers, hooking two signalling devices to each. 

I will need to have signaling devices to 5 areas.  Potentially I will put a chime in three areas, one up, one down and one in the garage.  I would then want 2 strobes up, 2 or 3 down and one in the garage.  This would be a total of 8 or 9 devices.

Since I am not in the house yet, I am not sure of this, but I am doing some preliminary thinking/investigation.

Thanks.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Check the rating of the doorbells and the other and get as many transformers you need to power them all and then wire them all together parallel checking the phases of the transformers.  You will still have 16v (typical voltage), but a higher amp rating. Remember the inrush if you are going to energize them all at the same time.  I would fuse each transformer separately in case one fails.

There are 30va 16v transformers that I know of.
30va / 120v= 4.0 amps.