Best Lights For New Shop?
It was on Sawmill Creek
(12-07-2016, 07:45 AM)fixtureman Wrote: It was on Sawmill Creek

Fixtureman thanks for the tip on the creek.

I did find it but its only an in store thing at a Texas location.
Mad
http://www.costco.com/4%e2%80%99-Linkabl...84402.html

I saw two fixtures for $39.99 online so same deal right?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

That's it Mike - 2 pack for $40.00 ergo, $20/ea. That's half the price of the HD ones I bought - good deal indeed though I can't tell how many are 'linkable' off a single outlet.

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
(12-07-2016, 04:24 PM)MichaelS Wrote: That's it Mike - 2 pack for $40.00 ergo, $20/ea. That's half the price of the HD ones I bought - good deal indeed though I can't tell how many are 'linkable' off a single outlet.

Well, at 42W per unit, and 1440W available on a 15A circuit (at 80%, since lights are continuous loads), that's 34 units on a circuit.

But it looks like they mean you can plug one into another, like Christmas lights, and I couldn't guess what the limit is on that.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Another vote for the Costco 4ft LED lights. I built my shop last year and could not be happier with them. I installed two rows of 6 for a total of 12. I wired every other one to switch A and the rest to switch B. That way I could have two different levels of light. 90% of the time I'm only using 1/2 the lights but when I'm doing finishing or detail work, I turn on both sets. It has worked out great.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
For those interested in the Costco lights, you can get them without being a member. I don't live near a Costco, nor have a membership, but after looking at the comparable lights at Sam's club the Costco are a much better deal. So I was going to join (the nearest one is about 70 miles away) but found after poking around they sell them to non members for what looks like a 6% surcharge. So I ordered 2 packs (4 lights) to examine (shipping was $10) and may order more.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(12-07-2016, 09:14 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: http://www.costco.com/4%e2%80%99-Linkabl...84402.html

I saw two fixtures for $39.99 online so same deal right?

Mike thanks for the tip / info lead.
Sure thing bro. I have three sets coming for the basement. My wife Angela wants a space for her crafts there.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I installed 8 of the Costco LED fixtures yesterday to replace the fluorescents.  I am happy with them. The only issue is they are cord and plug connected so you may have to add a receptacle at each light location if the existing ones are hardwired.