Flip-top tool stands
I see all kinds of flip-top tool stands in a Google image search. Does anyone have a preferred plan they used or images of one you just came up with? I'd like to build one and I'd like some first-person input on them. I've got a DeWalt planer and miter saw I'd be mounting for now, but I could have more in the future.
Jason

Both bulky heavyweights. I have not got one, but people I know who have made them seem to prefer the use of lighter tools. Not that the tools can't be secured, they just have said they practically lost an arm trying to slow it down after trying to change tools. If you are big an beefy with a lot of strength maybe not an issue?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(12-04-2016, 07:41 PM)Jason28 Wrote: I see all kinds of flip-top tool stands in a Google image search. Does anyone have a preferred plan they used or images of one you just came up with? I'd like to build one and I'd like some first-person input on them. I've got a DeWalt planer and miter saw I'd be mounting for now, but I could have more in the future.

I have 3 flip top stand and they work well. One of them I had Dewalt Planner and other side was Rigid disk sander , worked well.
You just have to be careful when you flip, you gradually flip and yo will not have any issues. I have these stand for last 13 years .

few months ago I sold my Dewalt planner and purchased a planned /joiner combo unit. Now I will put something in place of the Dewalt planner.

Your Miter Saw may work, just make sure that the width of stand is higher than the depth of the Miter saw.
This stand is heavy duty and nicely built.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g51OuJjcj84
Wood magazine has done a couple of plans that seem to get really good reviews. You might check their article index.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have two, but I have only one tool per stand.  The reason: both stands (planer and SCMS) are stored under my TS out feed table.  Both stands have "fold up/down" wings.  I have no problem with the weight.  I think the DW735 is 90 pounds and I guess DW SCMS at 65.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Jason, check your private messages. I sent you some information.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
Mine works very well:
[Image: P4270062.jpg]

[Image: P4270067.jpg]

[Image: P4270063.jpg]

I can also roll it around the shop. See the casters underneath. They lift up using the cams, and the stand then locks into place, flat on the floor. Any ideas what I should mount underneath the thickness planer? It doesn't seem to care what winds up below.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.