Ridgid Belt/Spindle sander
BTW, there is an instruction on the belt attachment telling the craftsman/woman not to use the small radius end for sanding.
I finally noticed that after many years of doing just so.
Sanding, that is.
Sand on.....
Ag
I like mine.  Glad I have it.  However, the locking nut for the spindle is larger in diameter than the small spindle; if your work piece is taller than the low end of the oscillation, then the locking nut will interfere with the work.
It sounds like this will work for me then. I doubt I'll use it very heavily, and I don't have room for larger machines (or what I already have, really 
Rolleyes), so it gets added to the holiday wishlist. Now I just need to get that flip-top tool stand in the works to free up a space for this sander...

Thanks for all the replies folks! As always, I appreciate the user feedback.
Jason

Be aware that you might not want to put this on a flip stand. If you turn it over, all the washers, sanding tubes, and other stuff that sits in "conveniently placed" pockets around the machine will fall out all over the floor, probably rolling under the heaviest and hardest to move machine you own.

BTW, I do love mine.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Just to pile on, I use mine a lot.  Much more than the disc/belt sander which is right next to it.

I've got a shop vac connected to it, but saying that it still spews dust pretty good. Get yourself one of the gum rubber belt cleaners. Significantly extends t he life of the belts.

And, oh yes, the nut that hold the spindle on is NOT righty tighty..... DAMHIKT......
chris
(12-05-2016, 03:41 PM)AgGEM Wrote: BTW, there is an instruction on the belt attachment telling the craftsman/woman not to use the small radius end for sanding.
I finally noticed that after many years of doing just so.
Sanding, that is.
Sand on.....

I do the same all the time, especially when I have a concave surface to deal with and don't feel like converting to the sleeves.
FWIW, there was a guy on another forum that was making dust collection attachments for this machine. I don't know if he's still making them or not. If anyone is curious, I would be happy to post some pics.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(12-12-2016, 01:44 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: FWIW, there was a guy on another forum that was making dust collection attachments for this machine. I don't know if he's still making them or not. If anyone is curious, I would be happy to post some pics.

Please do.
Pictures please!

Ken
I don't know if this is the idea DaveParkis is referencing but I found this so thought I would pass it on.

He includes free downloadable drawings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqb-VTC6O2w

Bill