Oscillation Multi tool
I have recently seen a push for Oscillation Multi tools. This has been around a long time. I am looking for comments about the usefulness of this tool. I would like to gift one and seek views on this tool Also considering the Dremel new line of tools battery operated and corded. Which are most useful?
Thank you for any advice or evaluations. I had not endorsed this tool so i come with no bias or experience.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/11221161511...2211615119

https://www.dremel.com/en_US/tools/-/sea...27360/saws
I don't use mine much, but it does a few things no other tool can do as easily or well.  Cutting off baseboard molding w/o having to remove it from the wall is one such task so that a cabinet can be installed, for example.  I have the HF variable speed corded multi tool.  For what little I need one it meets my needs without complaint, by it or me.

John
As John says, it won't be your most used tool but when you need it nothing else will do the job.  I've had the Fein MultiMaster for years and it sits for long periods without much use.  Then, you find you need a really odd cut, sanding solution, or ??? and out it comes to save the day.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Same here I have the Fein and use it only every so often but when I do I really like it.  The kit you linked to is way to much
I have the 18v Ridgid (among others) it has a number of different heads that interchange so it sees more use than just a single purpose multitool would.

Wouldn't get a 12v cordless, the runtime just isn't there.  

When you need it, its very helpful to have.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I have the Fein Multimaster.  Like others, I don't use it often, but when I do, it's the only tool that can easily do the job.  Recently, I had to remove some laminate flooring.  The thresholds were glued to the concrete floor using construction glue.  The tool removed the thresholds quicker than any chisel, with far less mess.  If you plan on any remodeling with baseboards or flooring, it's almost indispensable.   It's also great to use for square or rectangular holes in drywall or ply for outlets and the like.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I used it for cutting shingles when redoing my barn roof.  Dremel makes a nice hook blade that fits them.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I have a couple of the milwaukee m12 ones and a couple corded ones. I use them for cutting in outlets and anywhere I need a cut that's up against something. Very handy and often the only tool that can do the job. 

If you haven't used one I'd suggest going cheap first. Buy the harborfreight one when on sale. It's cheap and an extremely reliable tool. It just works. If you want to go a few bucks more go with the portercable one when on sale for $50 at lowes it has quick change blades. 

I and friends of mine made fun of them until we bought one. Once we had one we found them very handy. 

I buy my blades from everywhere. Sears usually has clearance packs next month and other places. I have used expensive blades and they are better but not that much better. Keep the blade moving and don't overheat it and it will hold up well.
If you are working on a RV, you must have one, that and a Kreg pocket hole jig. RVs need resealing within two years. When you do that, you will likely find rot that needs to be cut out. I have a Fein.
A man of foolish pursuits
My wife bought me a Dremel MM40 for Christmas this year.
It will definitely get used around here.

It makes for a good pen turning tool, even though I haven't actually gotten it yet.
Smirk 
It cuts blanks in half faster than a bandsaw & I don't have to track out to the garage to use it either.
Laugh