Oscillation Multi tool
I love mine and consider it a must have tool.  The one feature you need to have is tool-less blade change or reposition.   Many times during a cut I find it help full to rotate the bade angle or even flip it over to get the best reach.
WoodNET... the new safespace
(12-05-2016, 08:57 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: I have recently seen a push for Oscillation Multi tools. 

Started using a Fein in 1995 for sanding.   2016 still using a Fein.  Never used or even touched a different brand, but I'm here to tell you that you could use a Fein for 8hrs straight and never get hand fatigue from vibration.

Recently saw a Fein Kit at Menards for $195.00.  Almost bought it so I could one in each hand.
Thank you all for the wonderful and helpful advice! It is very helpful.
Smile
I have the $16 HF, I've used the ridgid 12v and have a porter cable 12v. the porter cable uses special quick change blades which the grizzly blades dont fit, so I wouldn't buy that again. the HF is fantastic and is well worth the money. they're great for cutting and patching drywall halfway on a stud, cutting in electrical in plaster, cutting the shims for doors and windows flush. small triangular sander works good too.

now as for blades. grizzly used to and may still have blades on special. the regular price is really cheap but they were doing buy 4 get 1 free too. same with the sanding attachments.
I started out with the $16 HF version.  It works fine.  The bolt holding the blade on has to be fully tight or it will come loose. Spent considerably more than the cost of the tool on blades.

Tyler Tool had a deal on Bosch refurb kits including a bunch of blades and a box to hold them for $100. (The kits are $199 now
Sad) The kit included nearly $100 in blades so it was a no brainer.

The difference in operating is dramatic.  The HF works, but your hand will get quickly fatigued from the vibration. Not an issue with the Bosch.  Blade change on the Bosch is much more positive and easy. As indicated you had to really tighten the bolt on the HF, which made loosening and tightening a chore.

I've got the HF here if anyone needs it.  I'll send it to you (no blades of course) with the other accessories I have for it if you want to pick up the shipping cost.

PM me.
chris
I bought one of the cheap $20 ones from Walmart knowing it wouldn't be used much but I keep finding more uses for it. Last weekend I cut the old heater core lines on my truck.
ASE Master Auto and Medium/Heavy Truck Technician, Service writer and parts consultant.
Master Emergency Vehicle Technician-Police Vehicles