Hot Dawg eternal spring on the northern frontier
As you might imagine it gets a mite cold up here at times so I decided to do something about it.  Even though I spend Jan-Apr in Florida, that still leaves several months when it is very uncomfortable for an arthritic old man to work in the shop.  Heck, there are times in June when a little heat would be welcome here in western New York.  So here is the 65K Hot Dawg heater I had installed recently.  

[Image: DSC04562_zpsx0hrqmgj.jpg]

And here is the shop that it heats.

[Image: DSC04563_zpscb3fdv9d.jpg]

The shop is about a 1000 sq ft with 3 insulated garage doors and brick outside of block on 2 walls.  The 4th wall separates the shop from the living quarters.  There are heated rooms above the shop.  I have a thermometer on the far concrete block wall and the temperature it shows is surprisingly close to the temperature shown on the thermostat near the heater.  So if you are on the fence about a shop heater, here is one resounding recommendation to jump in.  Ken
Yep that is what I will have installed or comparative one from Mr Heater, I have to check price deliverance on the unit, but at this point it will be a hot dawg for there reputation..
Nice to have a 55* car to get into, and then ramp it up to 64* shop, after coffee and eggs and a slice of bacon and toast or French toast with bacon, or cracked Oats with Maple saryp and a sliced Banana or Raisins or Butter Milk pancakes with some piggys.
Served my mother well ,still a kicking at 96+ me too and no Lipatour!!! Good genes her.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Cold and old bones kinda sux. You will be happy with that unit.

Nice shop, I like being able to move around the big tools, and being able to use them without shoving 1/2 to one side.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Great shop Ken and good job on that heater install!

MikeBob made me hungry! Egg over medium on a grilled muffin with bacon and a banana on the side for me today. Guy here cooks it for me. Darn day job.

Mikie

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Ken 
them are really nice heaters and simple to install / hook up 
i have one that looks just like it i bought the sealed combustion unit so i do not have to concern myself with dust and fumes 
easily heats my 30X28 well insulated space 
 i to am an old arthritic guy and  Michigan weather [ cold and damp]  and i do not do well together  
i have mine on a timed thermostat on at 8AM of at 5:30PM i like it warm usually have it set at 70  when i am really busy  working i some times have to lower it some 
sam
I know what you mean about the cold damp weather and arthritis.  My heater is vented so the water of combustion and the fumes go outside.  It does draw combustion oxygen from the room but I don't notice any drafts.  I have only had it a month or so using it but can't imagine doing without it.  Ken
Just had my 14 year old Hot Dawg replaced with the same exact unit.

Wouldn't be without it.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
'Nudder vote for the Hot Dawg!

Had one installed in the shop back in '02 and runs off propane.Thermostat set to 50 degrees; turn it up to 65 when I out there. So far completely reliable. No problems.
Ken, your brief demo of that heater for me proved it can heat up your shop pronto.  So there's no longer any reason for you to go to FL in the winter.  I my simple mind it would be much better to be in your shop and think about being in FL, than to be in FL and think about being in your shop!  

John
(12-07-2016, 03:59 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Ken, your brief demo of that heater for me proved it can heat up your shop pronto.  So there's no longer any reason for you to go to FL in the winter.  I my simple mind it would be much better to be in your shop and think about being in FL, than to be in FL and think about being in your shop!  

John

Absolutely no reason at all to go to Florida. Why I imagine sightings like this happen all the time in New York in the WINTER
Big Grin Plus Arthur doesn't get along very well in the cold.

[Image: 2012-Slovenia-D800-1450-Edit-600x600.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW