Will #112 Scraper leave tracks?
I have a Lie Nielsen 112 scraper plane I have not used. Thinking it would do a good job prepping a white pine breakfast table for refinish. I also have smothing planes where the blades are sharpened with a slight camber to avoid leaving tracks. It seems that would also be beneficial (or necessary) with the 112 scraper. I just watched the two instructional videos on Neilsen's website and cambering was not mentioned. Is it beneficial or no?

Thanks!
Sorry to say that I never watched the new fangled videos but I do have a LN #112 AND a LN #212 scraper. I use them mostly for figured hardwoods like curly cherry and birdseye maple. I don't think I have ever scraped pine. Mine do not leave tracks on the edges. Perhaps that is because I relieved the corners during sharpening.

I used my planes on test pieces and scrap a lot just to get used to them and how they worked. I would suggest the same thing. If you are scraping something, it is bound to be a worthwhile project. Best to have your tools and skills in top notch form before starting the main task. By the way, I love these tools. Good luck with your project.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
As Jim mentioned, a light corner relief will suffice to produce a satisfactory finish.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have the Lee Valley version and dont use it much. In fact haven't used it in probably 10years.  I prefer a simple handheld card scraper. Its one of those tools I should probably sell.
I also have the LV Scraper Plane and never used it. A good sharp smoothing plane works just as good or better. Plan on selling it.
(12-06-2016, 02:11 PM)Admiral Wrote: As Jim mentioned, a light corner relief will suffice to produce a satisfactory finish.

+1

The #112 can leave tracks if the blade isn't squared up to the body properly.  I believe the fit of the blade into the LN112 is such that there is very little lateral play but it could still drag a corner.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin