tile saw suggestion
Where I used to work we had one like this from Harbor Freight that we dragged all around the country doing tile jobs at trade shows.  It worked really well if you had a good blade in it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-in-15-hp-...62757.html
(02-01-2017, 08:41 AM)Fecza Wrote: It all depends. I work with small handmade mosaic tiles and i don`t to spend money on a big saw. I tried it once or twice but working with small components is a tough one. Also, you didnt mention how often will you use it. Daily basis? One time a month? Or a year?
All things considered, the saw is excellent tool to work with but as long as i have my QEP handheld cutter i`m good to go. I even managed to tile my bath with it.

I just finished doing a 3x6 subway tile back splash using one of those. Just scored the tile first and snapped it.To do 90* cuts,used my mini grinder with a tile blade. Real cheap to do.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
BTDT - Rather than the one in the link you referenced, I bought the earlier version of this Ridgid several years ago when we began a sizeable addition and renovation to our home. I used it on more than one bathroom (both floor and shower wall work) and also on the kitchen backsplash, i.e. it was put through its paces. I cannot say enough good things about this saw! I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

In fact, even though I'm finished with all the tile work, I'm still holding on to the saw "just in case." My wife found a very nice coupon online at the time and the local Home Depot honored it, which made it a deal IMHO. I also liked the fact that if it for some reason failed early on, HD would take it back or replace it, no questions asked. Didn't happen!

HTH,

Doug
For small tile, I have one of those portable little wet table saws from Home Depot. They're 100 bucks. Then, I put a nice diamond blade on it. They have a rip fence, but small tile are easy enough to freehand, as the cut side is at a terminal end. For big tile, I'd look on CL for a good used MK Diamond. They are made in the USA, and have Baldor motors (also USA made). They're waterproof and seem to last forever. Just check the blade for wobble and make sure the pump works. They can look dirty, as tile work is a dirty business, but as long as it hasn't fallen off the back of a truck, it should be fine. I got a 24" saw for $200 used, put a new blade on it, and even cut those 36" long plank tiles with it. I take it to the car wash after each job so it stays clean. Good luck!