Triton Drills
Rockler is running attractive holiday special price on Triton drills.

My old Dewalt cordless drill is on its at leg so I am looking to replace that.

I have not seen lot of reviews on Triton drills, Is anyone have experience on Triton Drills ?
Guess I have never seen a Triton drill, but I have 3 of their routers, and for the prices they kick buttocks really well. I likie
Yes
Yes
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I looked it up Is this the deal you saw?

Like I need another set of cordless drills
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh cha ching................Looked like a lot of bang for the buck.

(2) 4.0Ah batteries

Hammer Drill

lithium-ion cells

1/2'' Sanou chuck

All-metal gears

Only thing I don't see is brushless, but I don't own any brushless tools, so I'm not sure if I am missing anything there.

GW
(12-07-2016, 06:20 PM)Steve N Wrote: I looked it up Is this the deal you saw?

Like I need another set of cordless drills
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  cha ching................Looked like a lot of bang for the buck.

(2) 4.0Ah batteries

Hammer Drill

lithium-ion cells

1/2'' Sanou chuck

All-metal gears

Only thing I don't see is brushless, but I don't own any brushless tools, so I'm not sure if I am missing anything there.
 Yes that is the deal.  I like the metal gear feature in this , plus a 4.0Ah battery
Hmmmmmmm A buck more gets you a third battery

GW
Keep in mind, are you only buying the drills?  Or are you interested in a system?  
I got some super incredible deals on Milwaukee drills with extra batteries and have since  purchased other tools to go with the battery system.
The Milwaukee 7" saw is a real saw, impressive.  
The reciprocating saws, both the small and large versions also impressive.
I don't know anything about Triton, since I have been a Makita fan since I bought mine.  There are some brands to avoid, but other than that, there are several good drill/drivers out there, besides Makita.  With that said, I also Googled to find the Triton deal, and I found two prices at Rockler, $139 and $119 (plus change).  The difference is a 4.0 Ah and 2.0 Ah batteries.  Spend the extra $20 and get the better batter.  That $20 will quickly pay for itself in time saved making trips to and waiting for the charger.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(12-10-2016, 11:56 AM)opticsguy Wrote: Keep in mind, are you only buying the drills?  Or are you interested in a system?  
I got some super incredible deals on Milwaukee drills with extra batteries and have since  purchased other tools to go with the battery system.
The Milwaukee 7" saw is a real saw, impressive.  
The reciprocating saws, both the small and large versions also impressive.

No both deals had batteries, the Rockler one gave two tools, and 2 batteries, the Peachtree one added a third 4Ah battery. I had been a Bosch fan, but in recent years have picked up both a 12v and an 18v Milwaukee set, but neither had near this level of Ah rating, both had plastic gears, and a hammer drill was a myth at this $$$$$$ amount. Having had awesome luck with 2 Triton routers I'm in for the entry price. Lord knows I've thrown $$$ at junk before, but I have a really good feeling about this deal.

IMHO the Makita is the junk I referred to
Big Grin

GW
Got my drill the other day. I think this is going to be ok. It is a heavyweight tool, no question about that. Reminds me of old Milwaukee, and Hilti.

GW
I picked up the drills 2 weeks ago
My 1st reaction that I am impressed.
The body is made of soft plastic-poly material , which is good on hand, it is also protective. in my 1st day of the use
I dropped the drill about 7 feet and no scratch, dent or anything.
The battery charge in 1/2 hour which is great , some of the lithium drills take s few hours to charge.
The drill have 16 speed with low and high setting.
it also have 3 modes, hammer, regular drill and drive mode  to drive screws.
I was not looking for hammer mode, which I probably not use it as I have a dedicated corded hammer drill, but nice to have the feature.
The drill also have a safety feature, when you use it for longer period and if it is hot, it will shut off and be back on when cooled little.
I tried this by using a dull 2.5 inch hole saw, it took a while to get hot.

The impact driver is also good, it drove few 4 .5 inches screws into 6 inch beam without any hesitant.
I paid $ 120 at Rockler and I am happy with the investment.
I was reluctant to buy this as there were only couple of reviews and little known brand.

[Image: 31815874585_fc295cd4a0_c.jpg]