Use for 10/2 Romex
I have a couple of hundred feet of 10/2 Romex.

What the heck is it good for, I'm assuming that I can't run 220 30 amp circuits with it since it has a hot, an neutral and a bare ground.

What other reason would I need or use 10-/2 for?
Why can't you run 30A 220 V circuits with it?
As long as you identify the white wire as black, you're golden.

That's all I ever ran for 30A 220 V circuits.
2 hots & a ground is all you need.
There are no neutrals in a 220 V circuit.
The 220 Diagrams I've reviewed show two hots and a neutral, but I'm no electrician so that is why I'm asking.
What you're referring to would be a 120/240V single-phase circuit.  Two insulated ungrounded (hot) conductors, one insulated grounded (neutral) conductor, and one insulated or uninsulated equipment grounding conductor (ground, or 'safety' ground).  Used for things that need both voltages, like clothes dryers, ranges, ovens, and cooktops mostly, as well as feeders to subpanels.

What you have can be used for any single-voltage single-phase circuit, including 120V OR 240V.  Shop tools that run on a 30A (or less) 240V circuit can be wired with that cable.  As mentioned, color the exposed white with a black, red, blue, or any color other than green for that matter, marker to identify it as hot.  Two hots and an equipment ground for a typical 240V shop tool (and any other 240V only load).
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
You don't need it. Leave it by the front porch- I'll pick it up first chance.
(12-07-2016, 12:39 AM)daddo Wrote: You don't need it. Leave it by the front porch- I'll pick it up first chance.

Beat me to it!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If you use it for standard 110V circuits make sure you plan for pigtail connections to the outlets. Wrapping 10 gauge around the outlet screws is a challenge to say the least . I just get a some 12 gauge and wire nuts to make the pigtail connections with

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy