Felder technical support?
Has anyone had luck contacting technical support at Felder?  I have a cutterhead that I'd like to have the gibs replaced on it (the cutterhead is from felder but the machine isn't).  I've tried leaving voice messages, contacting via email, and using their online support form but I can't get any response.  Does anyone have some contact information that works?
This is probably no help, but I bought a Hammer jointer/planer several years ago. I called Hammer's customer service about changing the straight knife cutterhead to a spiral one. They transferred me to the technical department. There I got a high pressure sales pitch to buy their new machine with their new proprietary spiral cutterhead. No help a all with my questions abou replacing the cutterhead on my machine. I said thank you, hung up, and have had no further dealings with Hammer. Hammer is a subsidiary of Felder. Felder is the high-end brand, so you may get better treatment if you can actually get in touch with them.
Take it to a machine shop. Have them make you some gibs.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

What Mike said .. You will be way less disappointed ... Its not just a Felder thing.. they're pretty much all like that ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

Yeah, I'm beginning to think a machine shop is going to be the only way to go. They seem to fight me tooth and nail on every request I have. The technician was actually trying to talk over me when I just wanted to explain that I have a restored jointer with their cutterhead in it and would like a set of replacement Gibbs. This is not the quality of service I would expect from a a world class woodworking manufacturer. The reason I have been trying to get theirs is that they have the special alignment points on their Gibbs so you can use both sides of the night. I'm not sure if a machine shop would be able to drill the very odd angles for the screws and place the alignment pins properly so that I can put the knives but who knows?
What happened to the OEM gibs exactly?

I have worked with the head/knives before but do not recall any way they can be messed up 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Funny story. The cutterhead was originally 16 inches and in order to fit the restored jointer I had to mail it down to 12 inches. When I took the gibbs to the machinist to have them cut instead of centering the cut, they cut from one end. So if I have a set of knives and one edge gets dull I can't flip them, the alignment pins don't hold the knives correctly. So really it's my fault but I'd really like to be able to get both edges out of a set of knives.