I'm doing Boulle Marquetry
Incidentally, the gap for the blade kerf is an intrinsic part of the Boulle method. That does not go away. Period.
If it is important to eliminate the Saw kerf gap, another method has to be chosen. Off the top of my head I can think of three methods. (All saw methods. We aren't even talking about knives)
1- Conically sawn. Commonly called double bevel method, bevel method, I've even heard it called dovetail sawing. With that method you do not work with a packet. The work is sawn one piece at a time. Conically sawn is Silas Kopf's preferred method.
2- Piece by Piece, also called, "The Classic Method." In French, "Element par Element." I trained in this method for one week at ASFM. It's a complex method, packets are used, but they are very different than the example I displayed here. PBP is a later innovation. Multiple panels are made as a result of this method. It's very different (and later) than Boulle method. It requires great skill with the Saw, and the standards for the cartoon are VERY high. A cartoon perfectly well suited for Boulle might be completely worthless for PBP. Razor thin lines on that cartoon, nothing less will do.
3- Éclaté. No way am I explaining this one. It's a very complex marriage of Boulle and PBP. In Pierre Raymond's book, this is the method you will see where motifs on cartoons are knifed into V shapes, or X shapes. Complex to do, and complex to explain.
A variation of Boulle method called, "Painting in Wood."

Attached Files Image(s)