Call me a nerd if you like...
Bravo on a simple yet elegant solution to a problem we all have. I'm building mine today.
That's beautiful! I like my card scraper wallet I sewed for myself, but I'd be proud to have that on my workbench.

Is it over the top for "shop furniture"? Some might say so. But I believe in making nice things for the shop. If you're going to work there, why not surround yourself with beautiful things? Why not let your previous work inspire you in each subsequent project? I've never regretted making nice things for the shop. And if we look at the historical record, I think we find a lot of craftsmen were of the same mind. Some of them put fancy carvings on their handplanes, made fancy veneered insides of their tool chests, and made/bought tools with beautiful details.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.  I haad a lot of fun making it.

Bob, yes, I certainly did make use of my scrapers in the making of it.  That rippled sycamore is quite a challenge and a scraper makes pretty light work of it.  One thing I have noticed since making it is that I use my scrapers more often simply because they are so much more accessible and I know they will be sharp.

Jim
Thanks Steve.  You are abslutely right about making nice things for the workshop.

Nice to see that a number of people have decided to make their own versions.

Jim