Staining Windows
I had the windows in my first floor replaced, and stained them after installation.  I am doing the second floor now, and was thinking of doing the staining before install (so I don't have the sashes out while it is cold).  Andersen has a fair bit of packing material they say not to remove before installation (a strap across) and two retainers for the sash.  I'm worried about damaging the sash or frame during the removal/handling.  Anyone done this before and have advice to offer?

Thanks,
Charles
Perfection is always only a few more power tools away,
If you change your mind and decide to finish after installation, Tape wax paper to the wall so it protects the wall beyond the trim. then slap the finish on, don't have to be neat. Cut the paper off even with the trim when done.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
I pre-stained and varnished a house's worth of Anderson windows a few years ago.   The interior wood pieces do come off easy if your careful.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I pre-stained and varnished a house's worth of Anderson windows a few years ago.   The interior wood pieces do come off easy if your careful.  I was able to spray stain and varnish with all the other trim work.
WoodNET... the new safespace