Anyone open their Secret Santa Gifts yet
Hi Arlin,

not sure if we're talking about the same wood block. I meant the black one next to the LV kit. I'd be very surprised if that wasn't Gaboon ebony. The wood block at the very right side might be black and white ebony (not Macassar ebony) however, I agree.

Cheers
Klaus
It is ebony and very dark, dense and heavy. I will work for the shave and was packaged with it. I am a bit intimidated in using it for the shave so will make one with beech first.
Well - an update regarding my ' second ' Secret Santa -

After many keystrokes from Chris, Cloudy , and Arlin cheerleading from the sidelines, I got my SS package on Thursday.

In the true meaning of Christmas, my Santa sent me the following:

- A Norton Soft Ark stone, in the original box
- A Norton Oilstone in the original box
- A nice chunk of 5-1/2 square x 4/4 Gabon ebony
- A 12'' JH Noble's ' EXCELSIOR ' split nut 12 ppi crosscut saw in need of a refurbishment ( but a very nice specimen indeed )
- A touching letter that further explains the person behind the generosity
- and lastly, a pair of Stanley knobs and totes by his own hand, one in White Oak, and one in Cherry - that is something that really touches me - hand crafted tool parts.

I am deeply touched with the generosity displayed by my SS, as I was the second person he sent a package to,  and everyone who partook again this year - special thanks to the two Elves who co-ordinated everything.

Be darned if I can seem to get pictures to post - I may forward pics to Arlin again to do it for me, but it will be a few days.

Thanks again to all.

Dave B