Anyone open their Secret Santa Gifts yet
I'd like to thank my Secret Santa! Because the customs ticket from Canada had to be filled out, I know who he is, but I won't name him unless he wants to fess up publicly.

I use wire brushes a lot, and am always glad to have more. The brass bar stock is useful to me, as I have a metal lathe and use it often to make small parts. The stuff comes in handy! I have tons of Lee Valley tools, but not this double square, so it'll be put to use as well.

The best of the lot, though, is the handmade chamfer tool. I love the wood. Perfect shape, I can really get some leverage with it.

Well done, Secret Santa!!! Thanks!

[Image: 20161215_161847_zpsr6ovdz9l.jpg]
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Greg,

You will love that countersink.  Pretty sure I received its twin from the same Secret Santa in the past.  Love mine!

MH
Well, I'm disappointed that despite mailing my SS gift out on time to arrive by Christmas, I got notice it has not yet reached it's intended recipient.  Hopefully, it'll get there in the next couple of days.  I'm hoping he likes it.  I even paid extra to get it there on time.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Well I have been feeling quite abit under the weather and have not even opened up mine yet and have been staying in the bedroom in bed.

Sorry to my SS but hope to tomorrow or Friday.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin,
Hope you feel better soon. When you get out of bed check your PM. You have a not so secret Santa.
Shoutout to my secret santa from up north.  I posed a list of things for the shop, which was awkward to do, but I wanted them to have an idea.  They nailed it.

Here's what came, a super cool marking knife that I assume he made, but it's so nice hard to tell... a strop to keep it sharp, and a shop apron to hold it in.  How can you beat that!  I love the knife, feels great in the hand and marks great.  Left or right handed.  Very nice.

Thank you very much.

[Image: secret_santa1.jpg]

[Image: secret_santa2.jpg]
My wife just brought in my present from my SS.

I opened it up and it had 8 1x3x10 pieces of Teak which I already have plans for making a few vases with them.

He send a
1. Stanley #71 with the arch over the front and he also bought 4 Lee Valley blades for it
2. Stanley #80 with a very sharpened blade in it and it almost looks new old stock and last
3. Stanley #95 which I think is an edge trimmer but do not know exactly.
4. LV router blade sharpening Jig.
I just could not figure out how it worked and I flipped the jig over and over end for end and put the small 1/4" blade up by it and not until I put the 1/2" straight blade on it did I see the bottom of that blade and the V blade come off.
Now how do would I sharpen the blades with it comes next.

All blades are shape and ready for use as soon as I am out of bed.

I have never used Teak before and looking forward to seeing how it works and yes Turns
Laugh
Yes

Also I just want to remind everyone and a lot know this but it is not only the gift but the kindness and thoughtfulness behind the giver which means a lot also.

So Thank you SS and hope to get pics in the next few days
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I have been remiss in posting my thanks to my SS.

[Image: SecretSanta20161OPT.jpg]

There are three pieces of wood and clips for clipboards, some rosewood pieces for me to play with and a lighted magnifier/visor with a nice selection of lenses to fit the job at hand.

There was also a note sent separately via the official Secret Santa elves.

Thank you very much.  These will all get good use.  I was thinking I was going to have to rip the wood for the clip boards and reverse pieces, but they seem to be settling down to flat again.  I am thinking they got a substantial climate change when they arrived here.  Ah, the joys of wood movement.

The visor will make a substantial improvement in my quality of life.

Thank you.
My Secret Santa knows me well!!  This stuff is sooo much in need in my shop!

B. Our saw file holder is available in a set that includes six files plus a file storage roll . The file set includes sizes for sharpening Western-style saws from 4 to 14 tpi. See our item #62W33.20 for a full description.

[Image: 05g4601s2.jpg]

[Image: 05g4601s3.jpg]

[Image: 05g4601s5.jpg]

THANK YOU SANTA!!

(12-30-2016, 02:57 PM)DonSlaughter Wrote: My Secret Santa knows me well!!  This stuff is sooo much in need in my shop!

B. Our saw file holder is available in a set that includes six files plus a file storage roll . The file set includes sizes for sharpening Western-style saws from 4 to 14 tpi. See our item #62W33.20 for a full description.

[Image: 05g4601s2.jpg]

[Image: 05g4601s3.jpg]

[Image: 05g4601s5.jpg]

THANK YOU SANTA!!

Now that looks really wonderful.  I will put that on my LV wish list.  I think I must might be able to sharpen saws with that set up.  Not to destroy this thread but what else do I need to sharpen my dovetail saws and when I get a cross cut and rip for them to?